Sudden Swollen Neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is looking good! :D
His colors are nice & bright also. Hopefully he will make a complete recovery!
I like to hope that the denting in is it becoming smaller & less dense right now.
He may already be absorbing it now. Let us know how things progress & what the vets says.

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey guys,
I have another bit of news today, Rocky is currently really having a go at his fresh greens right now and I am just overjoyed, lol. It's been quite a while since he would touch them and I thought he wasn't interested in the bee pollen but I think it's the best thing I ever got for him, he's nibbling at it more than he would before I bought it.

Onwards and upwards! ?

Em

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Em,

That is great news Rocky has decided to eat more greens! The bee pollen seems to really
increase their interest due to its unique flavor. I am glad that it has helped, he seems to
be doing better each day now. :D
Definitely keep us updated, his progress is terrific.

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
And i wouldn't have learned as much as I have if it weren't for all of you! I'm calling the vet tomorrow to book him and I'll let you know how it goes.

Would you believe this boy comes when I call him?
Yup. Yesterday he was roaming my bed, stopped and looked at me and I was sat about 3 feet away, I held out my hands and I called him for cuddles and he gave me a funky look, and came plodding over and sat on my knee. He is just the sweetest. ?

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here is Rocky today. He is booked in to see the vet on Friday, it's the earliest they had. Will be hoping for good news and will keep you updated.

91928-823382708.jpg
91928-4478196153.jpg
91928-1968700057.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Excellent, Rocky is a loyal little one, how sweet he is. :D That is great he is doing so well! I
am sure the vet appointment will go just fine, but definitely let us know if there is any news
& what the vet says.
He looks wonderful!

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

Thanks! He's getting a bit of a belly though, lol.

I do have a question, I'm not sure if it's normal or not so I have to ask... Last night, he scared the hell out of me, I thought he was dying! He had his head down low and I noticed his eyes started to puff out (as they do when they are shedding) but just not as puffy and his eye sockets in a way looked empty, like he'd rolled his eyeballs back. Anyway, I stroked his head but he didn't stop, I was calling his name loudly and he still didn't stop so I scooped him up in a panic and that's when he 'snapped out of it'. Have any of you guys seen this before?

Em

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did it look like this? If so it's nothing to worry about. Just pulling the nictitating membrane or inner eyelid over the eye.
76248-4531711089.jpg

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Possibly it did, but more puffed out, since then though he's been totally normal so I think it must have been that. I was in too much of a panic to really look properly but I think it may have been the same thing. Just want Friday to come now, feeling anxious, lol.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it was like that and puffed out and is now back to normal it's likely shed related or something stuck in the eye (or both). I wouldn't worry too much if it's back to normal but I know how terrifying that looks at first. First time I saw eye bulging I panicked and sat next to Cooper's tank for hours just watching him and he probably thought I was nuts.

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I totally get that, I repeatedly checked on Rocky that night just to make sure he was okay, lol. Is that Cooper then?

Rocky really doesn't want to get out of bed today, he is very snug. I think he's too comfy to move, lol.

91928-8058469342.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like he was doing the eye bulging to an extent. They can sure do some strange things
with their eyes!
Rocky looks great, he sure is colorful. :D Did he eat today?

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's had a few worms but hasn't really been back to his greens, I don't know how else to get him to eat them. I thought about dubia roaches but I worry about food being to big now so I'm a bit stuck.

We are at the vet in 2 hours. So keep him in your thoughts. Also, it is Rocky's 2nd birthday tomorrow. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom