Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Everyone here is fine, Cierra was carrying eggs and now she isn't, so I guess she absorbed them, don't know, have to get her to the vet when I have time off work. I've used up all my vacation days. But she is looking trim and she has huge thighs now. The boys aren't doing spring fever anymore, unless Freya is out, the flirt, even though I caught her blackbearding and bobbing Castiel this morning. She is just too funny. She's getting longer now but still has a HUGE belly, so she gets Reptophilus and Repti-Hyrate from Tracie twice a week or so. I'm hoping it will help. She also has a hard knob underneath her right rear knee, have to get her in, too, the vet didn't catch when I first go her & took her to the vet. So that's coming up.

Bella got spayed 2 1/2 weeks ago and last Friday, she got her cone off, and took out all her stitches. Underneath she was already healed, but she opened the side where the skin had been folded over, and that was light red. So she went back to the vet Sat am and got the cone again for a week, antibiotics and cream for a week, and the cone came off today. She is a brat, but very healthy for a 9 year old. Her heats were very painful and she bloated alot, just like I was, so I thought it best. Plus I talked to 4 vets, not just my own, and got the same advice, that since she's never had puppies she could get very sick. So saved up and she's done. Her teeth were done in Jan, so she is a well put together, spayed older lady :love5: and she's all mine. I just love her. She's still my dragon guardian, even though it took awhile for Bella to get used to Cierra again. Cierra even jumped on Bella's back the other day, when I was there putting food in the roach tanks. Poor Bella didn't know what to do. She stood up & I grabbed Cierra, she had a smile on her face, brat :lol: Always something going on here. :shock: I've lost Nathaniel a few times because when Bella wants to leave the living room and I don't hop to it, she'll push down the barrier and whatever dragon is out, except for Freya and Gabriel, will escape and hide somewhere inside my small apartment. At least I know where any places can be, so always find them. I did lose Nathaniel for 3 days, though, he was under my bed in an impossible to see area. Brat.

So Gabriel is now getting stronger, he walks better and high up on his back legs and has no more pouchy belly. The aneurysm is definitely gone. He does bleed a bit on his right side (his bad side where his eye doesn't work very well) but it heals up just shows on his lips a bit. That's all that's left of it. He eats really well, poops as always, never gets parasites and now runs all over his tank & knocks down the 3 little houses that are in his tank. When I go by, I put them back up again, and then he knocks them down again. This goes on all the time. So funny. I'll have to find the pic I took of him and his 3 houses. It's his favourite game.

Freya likes to move her furniture around, every day she moves it around a bit more, knocks down her small sculptures of owls, she has 3 in a corner of her viv, moves her bench around, and the other day knocked her hide sideways. It's very light but is too small for her now. Time for a new one.

I'll be posting some pics soon, I don't seem to ever have time. :D

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi Deb -- sounds like you're pretty busy with your job and your little crew of mischief makers. They all seem to be doing well, even if they're driving you crazy. :blob5: :blob8: That's still amazing that Gabriel survived that aneurysm.

So there's a lovely aroma in here :wink: that tells me I've got a nice little sample to package up for Puff's vet appointment this coming Saturday, although I might get a fresher one between now and then. He's been pigging out on his salads all of a sudden lately and pooping big green turds more often -- green fiber in = green fiber out. But he also appears to have lost weight (like it's going right through him) so we're going to try to figure out what's up with him. At first I thought it was wonderful that he was eating greens willingly again, but then I started to wonder why he's so hungry all the time and if it's not too good to be true. We hope to find out... :?

Hello Makayla... How are Mufasa and Norberta doing? (I hope we haven't hijacked your thread too much.)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Sue, it's been a very busy time. Not only did Gabriel absorb the aneurysm, but Cierra absorbed eggs she was carrying in March and isn't carry any right now. Strange. I'm going to post on my thread, it's been awhile, so you can get caught up there. The kids are all good, though. Freya is as feisty as ever, I've been trying to have her out with Cierra but she just attacks Cierra with her snout and I put her away. I get her out on her own to run across the living room, check out the bugs and climb the ramp. Nathaniel and Castiel are good, Castiel is also shedding, so is Cierra on the face and paws. The others did their faces not too long ago. So all is good on the dragon front.

Bella got spayed on April 4 and she's still in her cone. It's on all the time except when I walk her outside, then it comes off. She keep licking around her incision (which is healed) and turning her skin all red to the point it looks infected, so back to the vet (a few times) and more antibiotic 2 weeks after the spay & creme & cone, the back last Saturday, a different cream and again the cone. So now we're almost a month from the spay and she's not out of the cone yet. I go in on Sunday to see if the cone can come off and to get her yearly shots. At least she's now done because even though she's 9 yrs old, there are alot of unneutered dogs in my area and she still was going into heat, very painful and lots of bleeding. So now that won't be happening anymore and any dog can play with her and I'm not worried. She went through with flying colours, she's a perfectly healthy dog, thanks goodness!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey Deb, I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well! That is so amazing with Gabriel, I'm so happy!
Hi Sue, you two are fine lol. Sorry I haven't been on lately life has been busy. The girls are doing well, I posted in here a couple days ago with an update (I think its on the previous page).

Mufasa is sleeping in her hide and wont come out... Should I keep pulling her out every day or let her sleep? I cant tell if this is just her brumating more or being stubborn or what.
Other than Mufasa sleeping the day away we're doing good!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I don't know about Mufasa, seems early but they all have weird schedules. If you're worried, maybe a vet visit to make sure she's ok? Mine start in July/August, Nathaniel is usually the first to sleep, then Cierra, then Castiel, by end August they're all sound asleep. Gabriel doesn't brumate at all and Freya, hopefully, is too young at 7 mo old. I have to save my $, they all need fecals by end of June. Luckily I don't have to take the dragons in, just the poop and she never charges me for negatives, but my vet is only in on Wed now and she's the only exotic vet. The only other one is an hour drive away...sigh... I already took Castiel's poop in, and he's on panacur, which is working, so hopefully he'll be clear.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I agree with Deb about Mufasa -- if she seems ok otherwise, then she may just be on a weird sleep schedule. Some beardies seem to still have their biological clocks set for the southern hemisphere, even though they and most of their ancestors have been in the northern hemisphere for a number of generations. I'd keep an eye on her "poop status" though -- since it's not a good idea to let them go to sleep for a long time if they haven't finished digesting their most recent meal. It's probably a good idea to check in on her at least every few days if not daily, and make sure she's not losing weight, etc, and consider a vet visit if anything else seems amiss besides the extra sleeping.

Puff's vet appointment is tomorrow, and hopefully we'll find out why he's lost so much weight and if there's anything we can do about it. If it's just a matter of feeding him more bugs more often, we can do that... In the meantime, I'm trying not to worry too much about all the things it could possibly be. :|

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Keep us posted about the vet visit tomorrow. You might want to make up the mix I make when their appetites aren't what they should be. And yes, if he can handle it, more bugs, for sure.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Puff's vet visit confirmed that he has indeed lost over 30% of his body weight over the last year. Unfortunately, there was nothing wrong with our scale, as I'd hoped. He has muscle atrophy as well, as I had suspected. He likes Repashy Grub Pie, which the vet seemed to think was a good thing for him, as well as more bugs more often, and maybe some higher calorie veggies, besides greens, if we can find some that he'll eat (no luck with squash so far). Fortunately, there's nothing wrong with his appetite, at least for now -- he still chows down on crickets and roaches and salads, and he hasn't gotten too weak to get up and walk around, so hopefully he's not too far gone yet, and may be able to recover from whatever has caused this.

So he got a big meal on Saturday with lots of crickets and roaches and Grup Pie for dessert, which he only sampled, so I figured he must have been pretty full, because he usually goes nuts for Repashy Grub Pie. More roaches this morning, and he's still eating greens too, even after he's filled up on bugs.

They haven't been able to find anything obviously wrong so far, other than the adenovirus that we already know about (no parasites, nothing obvious on X-rays, etc). We're still waiting for the results of the blood tests. I posted more details about it on my "Puff H. Bailey" thread.

I hope the rest of your beardies are doing better than ours...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry to hear that about Puff. How old is he? Gabriel is just over 7 years old, he's slowing down a bit but he did absorb that huge aneurysm, it's just gone. He's my miracle boy. I rescued him spring/12 and he's just getting older. He's eating fine still, hasn't lost any weight except the 80g from absorbing the aneurysm. I'm so hoping Puff will be fine. Sounds as if he's still got a great appetite, which is wonderful. I'll check out your thread. Here's to normal blood tests, too!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks ladies, I'll keep an eye on her, I found a vet I want to try once I'm sure I have the money to take both the girls so fingers crossed it works out.

Oh dear Sue, I'll be praying for Puff. I hope his bloodwork comes back ok. I'm glad he's still eating, hopefully he'll gain his weight back soon and nothing too serious is wrong with him.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
So we're dealing with anemia -- two rounds of iron and B12 injections so far, plus more crickets and roaches, with a followup appointment a week from tomorrow to check his hematocrit and see how he's doing. He's still eating like a pig, including greens, and still goes nuts for Repashy Grup Pie -- the little klutz gets all crazy and tries to grab at it with his hands, and ends up flinging it off the plate and wondering where it went, then has to stop and catch his breath. :banghead: But at least he's managed to put on a few more grams so far, and at least he still seems to have enough energy to walk up and down the ramp to his basking platform -- otherwise I plan to give him a boost whenever he seems to need it.

We plan to keep doing what we're doing until his next exam, and then find out what comes next. For now, I'm not thinking too far past that point. :?

Good that you found a vet for your girls -- I hope it works out for you. :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, anemia, who would have thought. That's not something I've ever had to deal with before. So Makayla, how are your two?

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'll be praying for Puff, I hope he keeps gaining weight for you guys. <3
Deb my two are doing alright, they have both been very sleepy and just acting off I guess but still eating, so I'm going to call the vet I mentioned and try and get them both seen and finally get bloodwork for Norberta to see if we need to be doing anything else for her gout. Fingers crossed nothing crazy is going on. I'm wondering if they might have parasites possibly but I really don't know.
A few pics of them from last week.
82607-8259498579.jpg
82607-7749748453.jpg
82607-7325109513.jpg
82607-4089710512.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Aww, those pictures show them to looking so lovely and healthy. I'm glad you're taking them to the vet if they're doing what mine are. They should both have fecals before you go, as Freya and Castiel had worm eggs, so they're both on medicatin. Cierra and Castiel are the same as your girls. just want to hide, yet will eat whatever you put in front of them. We know they need sunlight to digest, so I just pull them out of their hides in the am and they're put under their lights. I check them as soon as I wake up, even Freya prefers to spend her time underneath her hide, not on top of it where the light is. They're on timers and I still have to get them up. It's just way too early to be this sleepy, it's weird. Nathaniel goes down mid July, Cierra and Castiel in August and Gabriel just goes to sleep earlier in the day, which is what he's doing, but he's up and alert and jumping all over his tank every morning, so I figure he deserves to sleep early. He's 7 years old now, bless him.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aw I'm glad you think so! I called and they both have an appointment for next Monday evening. Is there any way they can get a sample without me bringing one? Mufasa poops very irregularly and has pretty long spaces in between and Norberta hasn't been pooping as much either. I'll try my best though.
Yup what your crews doing is basically what my girls are doing, its frustrating lol. That is so great about Gabriel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom