Will not eat after brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsWolvie

So my girl Rey refuses to eat anything after coming out of brumation. I make sure to offer dubias and salad daily but she just turns her nose up at it and basks. She gets a bath and drinks once a week so I know she is hydrated. I'm really worried because she hasn't had a decent meal in almost 3 months. She has nibbled on 1 or 2 dubias and a few hornworms during that time but nothing substantial. Any info or tips would be awesome thanks guys!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post pics of her + her set up ? And how long did she brumate for ? If you haven't had a fecal test done it would be good to do so.

MrsWolvie

Original Poster
91766-7093415661.jpg
91766-1979647833.jpg

She has been in brumation off and on since December. I just rechecked temps yesterday and her basking area is 103 and her hide area is at 83. She never has a problem pooping after she does eat and it looks normal. I'm just getting really worried about her not getting enough calcium. I am also going to go get a new Uvb this week and see if that helps and if not it's to the vet we go.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Your girl looks nice and healthy, happy to see her awake I bet :D
Her appetite should pick up soon.
My girl went through the same thing.
She wouldn't eat much after brumation if at all
Ran around a bunch, took some water via spray bottle.
Basked all day.
I don't think you need to take her to the vet.
As long as her fat pads on her tail and on her head are still full she should be okay.

I will link the conversation I had with Cooperdragon on this.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=241056

Some weight loss is normal, her metabolism should ramp back up here soon.
Then she'll start eating again!

MrsWolvie

Original Poster
Thanks so much Skittles. . . She is a fatty so I'm not too worried about her weight, when I weighed her today she was at 424g. My biggest concern is her not getting calcium, i don't want her to get MBD so I figured since she drinks without issues I'll just pick up some liquid calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom