worried about over feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is @ 22 weeks old and @ 14" long. I know you are supposed to feed them everything they will eat for 15 minutes, but spike attacks his food and I am afraid he would eat to much in 15 minutes. I have started feeding him silkworms as a staple and BSFL and crickets occasionally. To check my feeding, I have been giving him @100 1 1/2 silkworms per day and veggies, different greens, squash, etc. Is this to much? Do I need to stop giving so much protein?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he can eat larger ones than that and eat half that amount to get filled up. Any soft bodied insect can be fed without worrying too much about the rule of " no larger than the space between the eyes ", esp. for a dragon that's not a baby. Keep up with the variety, it sounds like he's a healthy eating machine. :)

gunslingers

Original Poster
Yeah I just worry about not feeding enough, or over feeding, he just attacks live food and eats it so quick. He does however always has salad to eat, so can I assume if he is not eating all that that he is getting enough to eat? I do worry about the 15 minute rule with him, I used to use it, but as he has grown older he eats so fast, always a good eater though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom