Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Cinderella came back home, me and my mom took our dog out earlier and we were walking around just looking... seeing if we missed anything and I looked up at the deck and there was Cinderella jumping from a chair onto the roof. We went inside and quickly let her in.

We didnt see any blood on her so thats good, however she's very sore and may have broken at least a few bones. She has quite a few bite marks but they don't look too bad. She didnt eat or drink anything yet but hopefully she will soon, we're taking her to the vet tomorrow.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hooray!!! :D :blob5: She's not dead!! :blob5: I Hope that you can get her to a vet to get her treated. Does she seem to be doing okay?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She's currently upstairs in my parents bedroom so I can only guess she's sleeping right now which thats a good sign I think since she'll be getting much needed rest.
I know whenever my mom picked her up she seemed a bit in pain.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Well that's not good. :? I Hope she's ok. :)

Also my cat escaped from her building and is now lost outside.. Unfortunately we still can't find her. :? But she is a huge maine coon cat so I'd assume that she's fine (I Just hope that I can find her soon).

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh no. I hope you find her soon. I'm sure you will, just keep looking.
2018 Seems to have a crappy start for the most part.

On another note my mom took Cinderella to the vet, got her on some meds, her belly is really sore but nothing is broken. She seems to be doing fairly well since her bowl of food in there is completely gone. And I just watched her hunt down a mouse that was in there, kill it and then eat it.

And Venus is doing good as well, she ate today and then I gave her a short little bath.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
We found Tillery... But she's under our shed and scared to death and won't come out. We left some food and a cat bed out for her hoping that she'll come out but so far no luck.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
We got the cat to come out from under the shed (Tuna really works great) and she seems to be fine. :)

Although I did have to crawl under a deck and herd her out from underneath the deck and when she ran out she didn't run into the shed, But under it Lol. :x :banghead:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thats good you got her out!

Cinderella seems to be doing much better, she started moving around more often. She has a vet appointment tomorrow.
Our other cat, Max is also doing much better.

Venus is doing wonderful, although she woke me up today by jumping at the glass wall of her tank over and over again that just happened to be right where my head was.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
That's great! :) I Hope that Cinderella and Max make a full recovery. :)

and Lol, Venus sounds like she wanted OUT. Lol.. Daisy did that each morning but she decided to go into brumation a few weeks ago. She's just been hiding all day and refusing to come out. How long does brumation last? She's been doing this since april 9th I believe.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah and then this morning she was scratching at something as I was waking up, I thought it was eggs somehow again and she was scratching in her hide but nope she was scratching at her food dish.. and then when I go get her salad she just looks at me like I just gave her a bunch of garbage... they are so hard to understand sometimes.

I've only had one beardie go into burmation, which was Saturn and his lasted from September to about February. Although most of March he was still hiding but would come out and bask occasionally and also accept food. He's still a bit slow right now.
So his was about 6 months, sort of just depends on the individual probably.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol... Scratch that brumation idea... Daisy got up and started running around and being super active.

She also ate a lot of bugs and then totally ignored her salad.. Maybe she was just having some sort of beauty rest! :lol:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I still need to feed everyone some bugs. Venus had 4 supers this morning but that was about it.

Also heres some pictures of Cinderella.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And one of her wounds, she has one directly on the other side of her and then her belly is completely raw, but better than it was before.
Oddly she lets us pet her now, which before she would only let you pet her for a quick second and then she'd suddenly bite or scratch you. I'm just waiting for her to go back to doing that, but maybe she'll stay nice?

Update on the eggs, pretty sure I'll be throwing 4 eggs out soon which will then leave one egg left.
89510-601587240.jpg
Which is this one, which seems to be doing good.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Cinderella doesn't look as bad as I thought! :) She does look a bit angry though (but who wouldn't if you had just been attacked by dogs).

and I can see the baby beardie forming in the egg. That egg looks super healthy! :D

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I finally got some red raspberries today and gave some to the beardies, and of course they loved them. Tried a bit of watermelon as well... Saturn didnt like it, Neptune only wanted to drink the liquid, but at least Venus ate some of it... after trying to eat the green bowl it was in.
Also got some pinkie mice (frozen/thawed) for Oreo... that she then proceeded to eat very messily. Barely missed being hit in the face with one of them. I had three in total, she ate two and almost ate the third but decided she was full. I ended up giving the third to my BTS.
Would of got fuzzy mice but they were all out.

Also I heard about Thor, I'm very sorry for your loss. At least he's resting peacefully now.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Loki loves berries also. :) He'll try to swallow them whole sometimes Lol. and Thank you. :) It was the best thing to do for Thor unfortunately. :( Hopefully he's happy up in beardie heaven now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom