Hakuna's life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! For younger pictures go here viewtopic.php?f=44&t=241239
Well this is Hakuna (picture a day or two old)
mxsx8he.jpg
I don't know if Hakuna is male or female yet, ive been told have to wait a long time to tell. But gosh definitely has a funny personality licks everything lays weird just is a weird soul haha! He is also so cute, ive never have been so inlove with an animal. He was born roughly feb 6th and today when weighed he was 11 grams 9 on friday! Yesterday he was going through a headshed, scared me because he was buldging his eye out.
KBxINg6.jpg
He was a bit mad rubbing his head on everything and puffing his beard i could imagine it was itchy. Gave him a nice warm bath didnt want to stay in for long. But i will try to post as much as i can of my growing Hakuna, i work mon-friday 7-4( sometimes later or earlier) but on weekends there will forsure be updates. Now HAPPY Easter everyone. Heres some pics
XE9foFn.jpg
JTOgcYT.jpg
Wq87ftd.jpg

NuJohn321

Original Poster
So I came home today and hakuna seemed to have like a few brown scales on his beard on one side. It really really freaked me out I went over it with my fingers he was fine then I got a little water on my fingers and the brown came off now I still see like an indent it looks like where it was but his scales are fine. He was rubbing his beard on his wood yesterday and I'm sure today. Do you think It could've been that?
Along with his eating he's not eating when my girlfriend feeds him while I'm at work. He'll eat after not at feeding time by chasing the cricket's around and eating his bsfl. But like he won't eat we'll leave come back he's pn the ground chasing cricket's or eating bsfl. Know he's about to go through a shed too. Figure he may be a bit grumpy like drop them in and leave me alone lol.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
He probably just had a little bit of some sort of crud on his beard -- could have been cricket guts or some such too. And they're capable of making their beards into all sorts of shapes, so I wouldn't worry too much about the indent, unless it stays that way and unless there isn't something similar on the other side (watch for "asymmetry").

Some beardies seem to be very persnickety about which one of their human slaves feeds them, and others don't seem to care as long as they get fed. But Hakuna's probably not going to starve if he insists on waiting for you to get home from work, especially if he gets hungry enough to not care in the meantime.

NuJohn321

Original Poster
He does actually have the same indent line along the bottom of his mouth on the other side it was one of the too cricket guts or wood, because he actually chomps the cricket's instead of inhaling them lol.
And yeah I guess he won't starve. It just stresses me and I'm sure he knows it. Because when I get home I constantly tell him you have to eat over and over and he usually takes cricket's from me. Just likes being a little grumpy guy sometimes

NuJohn321

Original Poster
dSsHEZ6.jpg

7O1yVZi.jpg

Hakuna this morning
Its the weekend so I'm off he ate for me this morning when I came inside he was eating his bsfl then chased after all the cricket's. Maybe he was just off because of his tail shed,(as you can see in the picture hes almost got it all off) he was puffing his beard at me, then id tell him what I'm not scared of you and kinda pet his head and he stopped puffing haha

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, I can relate. I've had that conversation with our beardie. It goes something like, "Don't you pull that big bad macho dragon routine with me -- I'm bigger than you. Put it down..." but my tone of voice is usually gentler than my words, and sometimes if I stroke him gently under his chin I can get him to relax his beard and settle down.

They like to train their human slaves to do exactly what they want if they can get away with it. It's a bearded dragon thing. :wink:

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Hahaha oh my gosh I love that! But I can tell!!
xJJsT1q.jpg

This morning when the lights kicked on. Hes been sleeping on his branch lately he loves it!

dezismom

Juvie Member
Nujohn, How can that branch possibly be comfortable?!?? :) Hakuna may be entering that stage where they sleep in the most atrocious positions...almost as if they are competing for "goofiest sleeping position" award! I have seen posted photos of Beardies alseep standing upright against their viv, upside dowm, hanging by a toe, contorted over viv decor...I believe there is a topic thread devoted entirely to photos of goofy sleeping positions on this site. Such fun! Yet another reason I adore beardies! How does the rest of the world live without them? When I was a child, I was fascinated by the idea of dragons. I read anything with a dragon in it...wrote poems about them. I detested the stories that had dragons as villains. (with all due respect to Mr. Tolkien, whose work is beyond such considerations) Now I discover, to my delight, that dragons are real!! And I have one!

here is Dezi at around six months old, in a peculiar sleep position. When he realized how much attention it brought him, (he loves his photo being taken) he held it for half an hour!
82765-3737823158.jpg

NuJohn321

Original Poster
You definitely are correct he had his head on the glass the other night like 90° angle and my gosh it hurt my neck. But he does exactly like Dezi is doing in the picture clings onto it as hard as he can and then presses his head down and goes to sleep I've been wanting to get a picture but there was never enough light. I have to find that thread! But same as wrll my dad would play dungeons and dragons have all these figures dragons also tattooed so I was always looking at them and learning about the stuff he drew weather it was for himself or someone else. I am so glad to have found such a awesome reptile ! Although I still love my baby Lucifer just as much I have to post a picture of him. Also went to weigh hakuna and got 36. 7gs but my scale is small and couldn't get his tail in so that's not accurate but definitely is growing. Hes still about to shed I can see it in his color even though he is a sandy/light green tint

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, I used to worry that Puff (our "magic" [bearded] dragon, named by my husband) would wake up with a stiff neck, tail, wrist, or whatever part of his body was in question -- I certainly would, if I fell asleep in some of those positions. But dragons seem to be much more flexible than humans. Nowadays, I usually wrap him up in a little towel for his bedtime cuddle, and then put the "beardie burrito" on the basking platform, and he usually stays there all night while the lights are out. Hard-core diurnal.

Maybe that is something they do when they're younger, and maybe they eventually get too old for that sort of thing just like we do. When I was a teenager, I used to be able to sleep on the floor or in the car or wherever, but now that I'm in my 60s, I need a comfortable bed.

I love Tolkien, even though most of his dragons were not "good guys," but there is at least one beardie on this website who is named "Smaug," so I have to suppose that his human likes Tolkien too. Hopefully, his fate will be nothing like that of the dragon in the story. :wink:

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Haha that is great, I hope the same for smaug the beardie! I've been wanting to get a small blanket for him but haven't found one yet. But for now he's sleeping in crazy positions haha

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
A hand towel or a dish towel works well. I bought a couple of 6-packs of them at Costco and we use them both for his baths and for bedtime.

dezismom

Juvie Member
SHBailey, I know what you mean, that after a certain age, we humans do not react well to awkward sleep positions! :) After 50, my hubby and I had to give up tent camping, to our mutual dismay...hello, RV! We used to laugh at those old fogeys who went camping in their luxury RV! We are are more humble, now....
Love your "beardie burrito!! ha! ha! Could you post a photo of that?

Nujohn, what new position did Hakuna wake up to this morning? Has he finished his shed? Dezi finished a big shed a couple weeks ago, but missed the last third of his tail, so he now has a sporty dark tail end...I was a bit worried at first, thinking about fungus, (I always have been hyper-alert about any possible Beardie health problem) but will wait until next shed to be seriously concerned, as I have seen this before...

NuJohn321

Original Poster
He slept on his big branch with his head on the little one he is just so cute, I can never take a picture because I leave before 630 am every morning for work and flash or a light will wake him , if there's even a little light he'll keep that eye open that's looking at the light until I turn it off, well used to I've gotten good about having every light off and his tank covered so I know there's no light. And I came home pretty late today he shedded his feet I took some "gloves" out of the tank haha. I'm sure his belly is next he's getting real dark. I get super alert aswell. And haha I love camping, looks like I gotta lonnnng time before I'm gonna need an RV considering I just turned 19 yesterday :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol, Gizmo my crested gecko will have little boots and gloves when he sheds and it always looks adorable. :) View media item 60541 This was Gizmo the day I got him. He's doubled in size and weight since I got him. :)

Also Happy (late) birthday! :D :blob5:

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Why thank you ! And Gizmo is so cute oh my gosh, could you let me see him now I haven't seen a crested gecko actually until now haha!
xS0GZMR.jpg
this is Lucifer!
And look who I put in a burrito tonight, I saw he moved a few times last night I wanted him to get a full comfy nights rest so I put hakuna in this
FyBnkfU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom