Possible parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preezy

Lately my 2 year old has been extremely restless in his tank. He will glass surf until I let him out. Once I do he will run around until he tries himself out...this is normal for most I know. But once I put him back in his tank he will again start glass surfing to be let out. He does NOT stop no matter what..this is not normal behavior for him. Temperatures are within range and so is the Uvb.

Hes also been completely ignoring food all together, including superworms..which is something hes an addict to. Ontop of that he hasn't been pooping much either..and the last time he pooped have been very small but loose stools..last time it looked like he pooped mucus. And it smells pretty foul...

Hes also noticeably a bit skinnier..which I assume is from the loss of appetite.

Is the constant restlessness, loose stools, loss of appetite all signs of parasites?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They have a way of worrying us to death sometimes!
At age 2, he is full maturity & may be wanting to mate possibly. Do you have a female in the
house, or not?
Can you review your tank setup with us, to be sure everything is correct.
Looser stools along with a stronger smell can indicate a higher than normal level of parasites.
You could try to get a fecal exam done on him, to get that checked out since he has lost some
weight. However, males are notorious for losing weight during breeding season & will often run
themselves ragged during that time, too.
Do you have any pictures of him along with your tank setup we could see?
Is his beard black or normal color?

Tracie

Preezy

Original Poster
Drache613":21n9u7bm said:
Hello,

They have a way of worrying us to death sometimes!
At age 2, he is full maturity & may be wanting to mate possibly. Do you have a female in the
house, or not?
Can you review your tank setup with us, to be sure everything is correct.
Looser stools along with a stronger smell can indicate a higher than normal level of parasites.
You could try to get a fecal exam done on him, to get that checked out since he has lost some
weight. However, males are notorious for losing weight during breeding season & will often run
themselves ragged during that time, too.
Do you have any pictures of him along with your tank setup we could see?
Is his beard black or normal color?

Tracie

His beard is normal color..sometimes gets black when I leave him in the tank while glass surfing but once hes out hes brightly colored and running around...like FAST. He doesnt bob his head or anything. Pictures I'll post in a second since I'm at work. I am planning on doing a decal when i get the chance next week to see what's up.

Preezy

Original Poster
full

Heres his setup. It's a 4x2x2. Halogen flood light for basking..temps goin up to about 105 on the basking side and around 86 on the cool side. Has a reptisun 10.0 T5 High output with a reflector for his Uvb strip.

This picture was taken on April 8th. And he was relatively normal than he is today..still doesnt dat his veggies much but that's normal for him..and he was eating worms and basking just fine.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks good, nice colors & alert. Has he had any tantrums today? LOL
I would say a lot of it is probably just restlessness due to an increase of hormones. A lot of
males get like this during the spring time.
Can you post more full body pictures, with some close ups of his arms & legs? I might be just
seeing things but do his forearms look a bit puffy? Or, is he getting ready to shed possibly?
It could just be the camera angle, too.

Tracie

Preezy

Original Poster
Drache613":3ast5x0o said:
Hello,

He looks good, nice colors & alert. Has he had any tantrums today? LOL
I would say a lot of it is probably just restlessness due to an increase of hormones. A lot of
males get like this during the spring time.
Can you post more full body pictures, with some close ups of his arms & legs? I might be just
seeing things but do his forearms look a bit puffy? Or, is he getting ready to shed possibly?
It could just be the camera angle, too.

Tracie

full

This picture was taken on April 9th. Hes a bit chubby I think cuz his arms are always like that. Also..do you really think its hormones causing the restless behavior? Hes a male yet he never does the black bearding/headbobbing I always see other beardies do..hes really an odd specimen compared to others..he will black beard a little bit when hes glass surfing to be let out but once hes out his colors get bright again until he gets cold and plops somewhere..

Also yes..tantrums happen every single morning 15 mins into his lights being turned on lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your post was missed!
His picture looks great, how is he doing now?
You are positive he is a male? Well, not all males bob, but most seem to or at least black beard
to some extent. Does he see any other dragons or do you have other dragons?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom