Hi from me and my still unnamed beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I am a new beardie owner.. recently brought my 22month female beardie named izabella home... to find out she is infact a he and can not find a suitable name for him (suggestions welcome).
I bought my beardie as I've always liked them and now I love them. He came in a 3ft viv with one log and wood chipping with a uvb strip and basking bulb and heat mat.. Since having him I've ordered a 4ft viv. The viv he is in wasnt heating right so I've taken out the heat mat from him and added in a 75watt basking bulb. So basking is ranging 38 to 40 degrees Celsius and the cool end is ranging between 27 and 30. Not sure if this is cool enough. Her night temp drops down to 20degrees celcius. Also taken out the big log and put a smaller one in with more climbing littler logs some fake plants and a hammock. Also he was being fed morio worms daily I've changed him to 6 to 8 crickets a day... He has these after he's eaten his greens first. When I had him he had really bad stress marks and a very black beard and colouring since I've changed things for him he's now a happy normal colour underneath aswell as his beard. Think he's shedding though. He is pooing normal and knocks the glass for me to clean him once he's gone. Also loves to snuggle in a blanket before he falls asleep.
So glad I got him and hope he's happier now here. Can't wait for his 4ft to arrive. He does seem small for a male so hoping with the better set up and feeding and Viv he will grow. Also no signs of any illness with him. Hope we name him soon. Can't figure how to attach pictures.

Newtothisbeardie

Original Poster
Thanks. I'll have a look at that list. He's had broccoli once this week and loved it. He's had some apple and strawberry. I've been looking alot on this site and had some really useful tips.
98508-8865370261.jpg
. This was just before I cleaned him out. Hes alot happier with a clean Viv.

Newtothisbeardie

Original Poster
98508-1215912374.jpg
This was him when we first had him. Doesn't look happy at all. So glad his stress marks have gone and he's a happier and lighter colour now. Was fascinated to learn beardies change colour for different reasons.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
I like watching mine change colors. Although, I was slightly disappointed to find out the dragons with dark black patterns on their back weren't a 24/7 type deal. She black bearded me for the first time during bath time recently though... lil brat... It took me a solid week to come up with a name for mine. I was constantly getting suggestions and eventually derived her name from a suggestion. (Dezerae -> Dezzy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom