Considering a Fire Skink

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very exciting alright. :) That hornworm never had a chance. How long was it there from the time you put it in until she wrangled it ?

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Almost all day. I put 6 horn worms in there in the morning before I went to work, and they all got eaten right around 4:15 pm. Once both skinks were out and moving for the first time all day, the worms didn't last long.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Got an awesome screenshot of one of the skinks about to munch on a horn worm yesterday evening.

41729-838709926.jpg

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Got a couple of good videos posted on Google finally.

Here is one of a poor hornworm being thrashed about. It's hard to see, but you can just see the skink's head in the far right corner of the viv, thrashing around and then carrying off the prize:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7J16xaEjWudDYIBv2

And then in this next one you get a very good shot of one of them carrying a hornworm away to its death:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/W4Uo8PvBXsiznL4I2

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Got an AMAZING video of one of the skinks eating the last mealworm yesterday. I had filled the dish with mealworms and missed one of them making off with all but one of the worms. The motion-sensor only kicked on in time to see a tail slithering away. But when one of the skinks came out to eat that last worm, they took their time and I got some great video:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0rB2QPjDzITTb85f2

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Got a great photo of both of our skinks yesterday afternoon! I gave put some dusted mealworms in their bowl, walked away to clean up (had fed all the other lizards too). By the time I got back, Millie was already gobbling up her worms. Then I went to the restroom and when I got back, Millie had gone over by her rock (she hangs out there a lot) and Fred was gobbling up some worms. That's when I got this great pic of both of them.

41729-1984841479.jpg

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":q30ue0xy said:
That is a good shot. It looks like they're settling in well =)

Yeah, I see one or the other of them pretty much every day now, but seeing both at once is still pretty rare. It's always very exciting and even when I do see them both at once, they are never in such photogenic positions.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Aw he is super cute! How is he liking his set-up?

My skinks have been doing well. They eat a LOT. Millie is much bigger than Fred, but Fred seems less shy. Both of them seem pretty happy in their viv.

Dragondan

ClydesGirl":3p28hhfe said:
Aw he is super cute! How is he liking his set-up?

My skinks have been doing well. They eat a LOT. Millie is much bigger than Fred, but Fred seems less shy. Both of them seem pretty happy in their viv.

He is enjoying it I. CAtch him out when I come home but he hides when he sees me in the room.. he is eating g good and I think he is adjusting well to the set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom