Rescued neglected beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragondan

It's been many years since I've seen a beardie I. The shape I have. Just seen. Two layers of stuck she'd. Removed. But it seems something is wrong with it's beard. It kinda looks like the she'd caked on and got hard. I can't seem to remove it I've soaked the fella twice and turned the previous owners in for neglect

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the picture is not clear enough to see exactly what it might be. Irregular + stuck sheds are generally not serious though. Can you post a few more pics from the side ? For now, put raw unpasteurized honey on it [ it's a natural antimicrobial ] and don't try to pull anything off . The honey can heal it and help it to shed. Then be 100% sure there are no loose insects in the cage to get on his wound.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Although he's a bit thin he's not in bad shape [ from that picture ] But my screen is kind of dark, can you post the head shots in better light ? From these it does look like just like skin that needs to shed.

Dragondan

Original Poster
That's what I thought the poor guy was sitting in filth in a 10 gallon and covered in two layers of unshed skin. I got most off but couldn't get the beard off. I'll post a better pic when I get home it's Easter so it's family time. I hate seeing animals neglected expecially reptiles. There my life. I know alot but never seen that before. Anyway I called the animal control and turned the previous owners in. It was that bad of a issue.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Some warm water soaks over time should help with the stuck shed. Don't push it if he seems stressed by the baths though. I agree he looks pretty good overall. Keep a close eye on that bit around his gumline. That looks like it could be the start of an infection. You might want to pick up some Maxiguard gel and apply it along his gums a few times per day to help keep it clean and fight off infection.

Dragondan

Original Poster
Ok thanks will do. I'm just glad he is in good shape I freaked out with the beard issue. But sense it is getting better. I still turn d the owners in neglect like that is no joke

Dragondan

Original Poster
Update . His beard that was black fell off today. It's was kinda nasty. Poor guy I have the people who neglected him and got him like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom