Is this poop stuck? Help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

April2006

94991-8376659932.jpg

She doesn’t seem to be bothered by it, she’s been moving around fine. Why is she discolored and what is happening????

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has the vent area looked like this?
Try to soak her in a nice, warm bath & you can use a soft toothbrush to see if you can get
it loose. It does look like dried feces there so hopefully with a warm bath you can get it all
cleaned off.
When was the last time she went to the bathroom?

Tracie

April2006

Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
She has gone to the bathroom Sunday. It has been a few days, I do soak her for about 5-10 minutes but I haven’t tried to release it, wasn’t sure to or not. Thank you

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, gently try to use a toothbrush to scrub a little bit to see if it will soften enough to come
out or work its way off. How is she doing?

Tracie

April2006

Original Poster
Hi Tracy,

She seems to be doing little better. I did bring her to the vet, she said it wasn’t attached to anything that would cause damage. She said soak her a couple times a day to loosen it, like you said. So that’s what I’ve been doing for the last couple days so is going potty, watery right now. I’m going to cut back on her leafy greens. Thanks for the help, this is all new to us :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, well that's good the vet did confirm it wasn't anything serious. I think it will work itself
out. Give a daily bath to help out & you can increase oral fluids too for help with flushing
out the system some, also if needed but don't overdo it if her stools are already watery.
Let us know how things are going with her.

Tracie

April2006

Original Poster
Tracy it is with great regret to have to say that our dragon passed away this morning. She/he was doing better I don’t know what happened, we are devistated. So saddened. Thank you for your help and Support.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What happened? Oh I am so sorry you lost her so suddenly like that. :cry: How awful.
I hope that it wasn't related to the incident you were having trouble with. I mean, the vet
had confirmed it wasn't anything serious, right?
My sincere condolences to you & your family.

Tracie

April2006

Original Poster
Tracie, she wasn’t sure what it was exactly. She just knew it wasn’t attached to anything of concern. I noticed couple nights prior to when I would give her a bath her head was going down because she wasn’t putting her arms out, I thought maybe because she wasn’t feeling good from not eating as much. So I called the vet that morning to ask about antibiotics that maybe she had an infection or something. She told me what amount to give her and to check back in with her and let her what was going on I told her I didn’t think she had that long that. I brought my daughter to a dr appt came back within an hour, went to go get her to bring her to the vet and she had passed :( I keep going over in my head what did I miss, what could I have done to have it turned out better??? Just 9 days prior to this she was fine, even when the vet looked at her for that problem, she was saying how incredibly impressed she was with her wait gain from 6 months ago, and other than her problem how healthy she looked. I don’t know, I know it happens, it just sucks!! Thank you for your responses and support. I hope I time she wants another one, right now she doesn’t :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom