Bearded dragon jaw clicking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My bearded dragon has had stress lines and a darker beard often. Since his last shed his jaw sounds almost like it’s clicking when he eats. Hard to explain. It isn’t exactly clicking - it sounds as if you are shaking those old stuffed animal eye balls. Hopefully makes sense?

He has a dark beard all day until I come home and pick him up or feed him. Then his colors get lighter.

He never drinks water, he hates the bath, and won’t drink even if I put a drop on his nose.

Beardie;
Age 7-8 months old. Have had him for 2 months. Has always had a kink in his tail that is a touch darker than the rest of the tail.

Tank specs;
Basking with a MVB temp 105. (Ordering a T5 10.0) Have a cool spot in the tank but he never goes anywhere else unless he sleeps. Humidity ranges from 30-36. Cool side of tank at 70 degrees. I use a ceramic bulb at night for one side of the tank.

Diet;
Collard greens sprayed with water every day, and small Dubai roches twice a day dusted with d3 calcium and every other day vitimins.

Beardie video and pics. Stress lines, and kink in tail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDfdBu_0LGM

96925-9813628322.jpg
96925-8069048016.jpg
96925-7152594686.jpg
96925-8021186427.jpg
96925-2478519189.jpg
96925-6321870154.jpg
96925-9909611879.jpg
96925-4708658350.jpg
96925-706762230.jpg
96925-6426680880.jpg
96925-2970317663.jpg

BeardieOwner101

How did you know that his jaw was clicking? Was it making a sound? Closing shut quickly?

Sorry you posted a while ago! I hope your little Beardie is ok!
if his jaw is unable to open, I would consult a vet, but if his jaw is just “normally” clicking, I would fill up you sink with warm water, and soak his/her jaw in the water, making sure that his/her nostrils weren’t submerged. Soak for about 5-10 minuets every night, depending on how bad the clicking is and if it doesn’t seem to change after the soaking, I would soak for about 15 minuets. If that also doesn’t work, I always found it helpful that when I streatched out my Beardies jaw,(gently) and made him almost into a yawning position, it helped, but soaking his jaw in warm water, NOT HOT, warm water, it helped a lot, beardies jaws, just like human jaws are still growing with the Beardie. So adventually when he/she grows up it will pass. But I would soak in WARM water-5-10min or go into your bathroom, and bring your Beardie along, and take a steamy shower, (no beardies in the shower though) but keep your Beardie just out side the shower, letting him/her soak up the steam, that always helps my Beardie.

Hope this isn’t too late!

sparrowstune

Original Poster
BeardieOwner101":15b98t2m said:
How did you know that his jaw was clicking? Was it making a sound? Closing shut quickly?

Sorry you posted a while ago! I hope your little Beardie is ok!
if his jaw is unable to open, I would consult a vet, but if his jaw is just “normally” clicking, I would fill up you sink with warm water, and soak his/her jaw in the water, making sure that his/her nostrils weren’t submerged. Soak for about 5-10 minuets every night, depending on how bad the clicking is and if it doesn’t seem to change after the soaking, I would soak for about 15 minuets. If that also doesn’t work, I always found it helpful that when I streatched out my Beardies jaw,(gently) and made him almost into a yawning position, it helped, but soaking his jaw in warm water, NOT HOT, warm water, it helped a lot, beardies jaws, just like human jaws are still growing with the Beardie. So adventually when he/she grows up it will pass. But I would soak in WARM water-5-10min or go into your bathroom, and bring your Beardie along, and take a steamy shower, (no beardies in the shower though) but keep your Beardie just out side the shower, letting him/her soak up the steam, that always helps my Beardie.

Hope this isn’t too late!

Hello, no I thought this was a quick response! Thank you! Did you hear the noises in the video I posted ?

Will it cause respiratory problems with all that moister being breathed in? If I put my beardie in the same room as the shower?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDfdBu_0LGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom