Rescued beardie with possible Yellow fungus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, maybe I misunderstood. Is the batch going to last a month ? Maybe you're freezing some of it ? In that case it would be much more acceptable with the amounts you mentioned, although it's still a bit much.I apologize if I misunderstood. All in all it seems like Thor is doing great under your care. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol, it's okay. :) Yes, the batch is going to hopefully last around a month. I've only been feeding him 3MLs a day, then 2.5 ML of the liquid calcium. I Haven't thought of freezing It before. I Should probably try that. Thanks!

and Yes, I do agree that Thor definitely has been thriving now that he has the proper heat, he actually has UVB, calcium, and is being loved. Instead of having to be back at that horrible "rescue" (more like a bad pet shop that takes in unwanted animals and breeds them for babies and only cares about getting a buck) where he was cooped up in a 30 gal tank with three other sickly beardies and just sand. :angry5: I'm surprised my poor baby didn't die there because he was the runt, The little guy who got picked on. :( In that tank there was at least 1 more male in there and I think that they all picked on him. :( He's had a tough life.

He just took a bit of the greens slurry with some liquid calcium a few minutes ago. He actually escaped today and I found him happily sleeping under my bookshelf. :D View media item 60769 He wasn't too happy about me waking him up, taking him out of his "cave" and putting him back in his cage. Lol.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ha, it looks like he found a nice play area to take a nap! LOL He wasn't happy that he was
found, either. How is he doing today?
How much calcium do you give him at one time, not 2.5mls, right? Is that spread out in
several days? I am glad he is improving for you now, bless him. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Thor has been doing great today. He got to spend 2+ hours out in the sun today (along with my other two). Which he loved. :D

I Have been feeding him the liquid calium every other day. I Have been doing the suggested dosage on the bottle which Is 0.25 mls. The last time I gave him his calcium I read it wrong thinking it was 2.5mls intead of 0.25. :shock: :oops: Whoops! :( Should I not give him the calcium this week? since I gave him way too much? He didn't seem to act any differently from that.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
a Few updates on Thor:

He has been doing great lately and has been eating solid greens for a few days without any problems. He has been doing humongous poops lately and one of the scabby looking spots on his leg has completely cleared up!!

Although unfortunately his other scabby looking spot has gotten worse because he got stuck behind his hide box on his back and couldn't get back up and I assume he was trying to flip himself back to normal but unfortunately just scraped up that scabby spot because when I came to check on him and took the hide box out and flipped him back on his feet his scabby spot was bleeding and there was blood running down his leg and tail.

That happened around two weeks ago and thankfully it's starting to clear up now since I put some raw unpasteurised honey on it. I Did stop putting the honey on his leg because he kept trying to lick it off of him and trying to eat the honey. :banghead:

He's been off of the liquid calcium for about two weeks because of me accidentally overdosing him with it and I Plan to put him back on it for another few weeks and make sure to let him have at LEAST one or more hours in the sun.

Also His greens slurry did go bad recently so I need to make some more of that. He also has baby food once a week and normal greens the rest of the time.

I've been posting updates on him mainly on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=241176

I'll try to post more updates on here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom