Beardie not interested in food

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Beardie Falcor has been refusing food for 3 days. I've offered his salad, hornworms and superworms. He's still crazy active like he always is and popped like normal in his bath yesterday, which he did not want to get out of after 45 minutes. He's not losing any weight and not acting any differently then normal. I'm just concerned. He's about 10 months old and is 18 1/4 inches long. Does anyone have any insight into what may be going on?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they go through phases like that. If he's active and energetic it's probably nothing to worry about. Look for signs of shed but it could also be hormonal or just a mood. Keep offering food on the regular schedule but if he continues to be active I wouldn't worry if he refuses for a bit.

Jackie0527

Original Poster
It's been a week now and I've gotten him to eat 1 medium horn worm. He still hasn't touched his salad. But he is still active. Could it be him maturing from juvenile to adult?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it could be some of the things Cooper mentioned. One Q , are you sure it's a male ? Females will stop eating + become very active before laying eggs.

Jackie0527

Original Poster
Oh, hes definitely a Male. About 3 months ago, we had a situation with him and a blanket in his viv. I saw all I needed to be positive he is a Male.

He has also been going crazy. He wants out EVERY time he sees me. He will be basking and come flying off his log as soon as I'm in the room. He's in my living room, so he does it a lot. He gets 2-3 hours out daily and just LOVES his spot in the window.

I'm just concerned about him not wanting to eat. Especially with being so active.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well that's the culprit then, he has raging hormones and mating on his mind. Nothing to worry about, poor guy has a blankie as the object of his affection. It must have looked just like that female b.d. he's been dreaming about.

Jackie0527

Original Poster
I actually took the blanket out because I was told it would stress him out more. He was completely black bearded when it happened. But after reading up some on "mating season" I'm thinking that is definitely what is going on. He's normally chill, but he's absolutely nuts lately. Crazy teenage boy!

Jackie0527

Original Poster
Falcor finally ate a little bit today. He ate 12 superworms and a couple bites of his salad. He's basking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom