Critical Care Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just bought critical care and carnivore care to feed to my 10 year old beardie (there is a whole long back story to her refusing to eat). I’m wondering if anyone could help guide me on portion sizes and stuff? I will be mixing the two and am not sure how much I should be giving her as I have no experience with this stuff. My other question is, should I mix my calcium supplement into the critical care? I’m asking because it already contains calcium and don’t want to overdose her. Thank you! By the way, she is around 380 grams if that helps.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Alexis, you can probably give her as much as she wants within reason. A small syringe full , probably up to 4-5 ml's and if she only wants half of it, then try breaking it into 2 feedings per day. You can add a very slight pinch of calcium powder every couple of days to be sure she's getting enough.Does she eat anything besides that ?

alexismersino

Original Poster
AHBD":3is63s63 said:
Hi Alexis, you can probably give her as much as she wants within reason. A small syringe full , probably up to 4-5 ml's and if she only wants half of it, then try breaking it into 2 feedings per day. You can add a very slight pinch of calcium powder every couple of days to be sure she's getting enough.Does she eat anything besides that ?

Okay, my main concern was the calcium. But I will add a small amount to it if you don’t think that’s too much. I can’t really go by how much she wants, because she doesn’t want any. I have to squeeze it into the side of her mouth to get her licking, and then squirt it in forcefully. She doesn’t eat anything else. I have other forums on here explaining her situation that she went into brumation in the fall of 2017, and after waking up she has never wanted to eat again. I took her to the vet who gave me a calorie dense cat/dog food to put some weight on her. I have been giving her that, but was advised against it from many on this forum. Hence me buying the critical care. Throughout these months I offer worms, dandelions, fruit, greens, anything and everything and she absolutely doesn’t care. Even in the beginning when she hadn’t eaten for months she had no interest in eating anything. I got scared she was starving to death and was syringe feeding her baby food until taking her to the vet. The vet told me that she is just old (10 years, I don’t remember if my post already said that) and that she knows a woman who has experience with elderly beardies and that it isn’t uncommon to syringe feed them for their last couple years of life. Which I think is strange...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
At 10 yrs., some beardies are nearing the end of life but others live + are active up to 15,16 and rare cases a bit more. Can you post a few pics of her to show her full size ?

alexismersino

Original Poster
82873-3875149554.jpg
82873-2810077477.jpg
AHBD":16d1g4il said:
At 10 yrs., some beardies are nearing the end of life but others live + are active up to 15,16 and rare cases a bit more. Can you post a few pics of her to show her full size ?

These aren’t the best photos of her but the most recent (taken only a few days ago) so you can see exactly how she looks right now. I don’t have any with her full length at the moment but from snout to tail she’s about 22 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom