Links to fixtures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me find a place to order a light fixture for my t8 reptisun 10.0 one that can be mounted inside my tank? It’s 18” long

Thanks

babybearded07

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2ashl7cx said:
This is one of the better T8 fixtures because it has a reflector built in. https://www.amazon.com/Inch-Zilla-Slimline-Desert-Fixture/dp/B0006L10NY The clear plastic piece in front of the bulb needs to be removed and thrown out before using it.

For the money though I'd move to a 24'' T5 fixture. You can use the 5.0 or 6% bulb at close range (6-8'') or put a 10.0 or 12% bulb in the same fixture to increase output to 12-14''.

Can that one be mounted inside of a tank? I plan on upgrading to a t5 in June(6 months of having this UVB) if I get t5 should I mount it inside the tank or is it ok on the screen top? Thx

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah you can mount it inside using wire or industrial strength velcro perhaps. Small command hooks fit the holes on the side so it can face downward and be mounted on the back of the tank but this isn't the sturdiest option or best in terms of output.

A T5 5.0 bulb should be set inside the tank because it has similar output to a t8 bulb. If you use the 10.0 bulb then it can sit on top of the tank. If it's shining through a mesh top it should be about 10-12'' above the basking area for best results.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
T5 is a newer technology and the bulbs have higher outputs. The bulbs are physically thinner as well. T5 bulbs tend to last longer before needing replacement as their output is slower to degrade over time.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom