115 Degrees F basking area okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bweiser18

So I recently got the exo terra stand which I can choose to raise or lower my basking bulb to lower or raise the temps. I had the prob right on the basking spot which was reading 105 right on the money. Well here I bought the infared exo terra thermometer and I was reading temps of 120 and I couldn’t figure out why my dragon was always kinda avoiding the center of the rock. It’s becuaee it was too hot. So I raised my bulb up and it was low 100s and it seemed as if he still wasn’t enjoying it. So I lowered it just a tad and got it to where it says 108-110 with the exo terra infared. And my In fared gun is saying 114-116. So which one is right? The infared gun or the little hand held exo terra infared? Anyways my dragon seems to really be enjoying the heat now. Just lays right in the center of the rock and sometimes with his eyes closed. So if it’s actually 115 degrees is that okay? I mean it seems to me as if he enjoys the hotter temps.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You're pretty close to the recommended range so as long as you have a nice gradient down to the cool side I would go by your dragon's reaction. Since he seems to like the current setup, keep it as it is. It was good to tweak the height of the bulb when he was avoiding the middle. They know best what they need so try to react to their cues and adjust accordingly. The recommended ranges are just a starting point and general guideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom