Darwin

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
felixxx":24elunl6 said:
Hey, I live in Darwin, Northern Territory. :shock:

Cool! I haven't been to the NT yet but Darwin is on my short list of places to visit for sure. I'd love to know more about that area.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Poor guy has a face shed going today. He's quite restless and running all over the place doing laps and climbing through cabinets etc. He's also eye bulging and closing the membrane over his eye. I got a good photo of it for reference. Looks demonic but is quite normal.

76248-4531711089.jpg

Rescued Darwin 2 years ago today! He's doing very well and is a good little dude. I hope to have many more years to do his bidding. =) :blob5:

76248-13449900.jpg

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
So happy this guy found his way into your heart and home! Looks so healthy and pleased with himself while basking in the window. Here’s to many more years of dragon slavery! :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congrats of 2 years with Darwin, he is such a handsome man, poor guy with his face shed, though, mine hate those, too. I'm expecting alot of shedding in the spring when they all gain a bit more weight. Castiel just woke up and lost some grams, so he's eating every day. Only Cierra is still asleep, probably for another month, she always sleeps 6 mo and then still doesn't want to wake up, I have to remove her hide. She pouts but 6 mo is long enough! And I have a new girl. A week after losing Imp, my friend told me she had to re-home her 4-5 mo old dragon Freya, so guess who came home with me. I swore no more, but couldn't resist her.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yeah the face sheds must be hard. I offered scratches with my finger and he bumped his face right up against my finger to accept. He NEVER seeks interaction like that so it must have been worth it =).

I'm glad another dragon in need found her way to you. They are very lucky when they find good homes like yours. I wish they could all get that path. I saw the photos on your thread. She looks like she's in really good shape and should grow to be big & strong.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm hoping so, I have to get a scale as mine broke last year. So today I'll get one so I can keep weighing her. She was 14" when I brought her home, which is why I think she's 5 mo old and she's now 14 1/2" in just 2 weeks. Her light isn't hot enough, she's under Cierra's 80W, but she needs 100W, so that's on it's way. She's doing much better than expected. I thought there might be something wrong, but she was just a bit skinny and needed a few pedialyte baths to rev up the electrolytes. She gets a bath every day and now poops in her bath, every day so far. She eats 10-12 medium supers a day plus a big bowl of greens.

I was glad when you found Darwin and I was right, you are perfect for each other. He's got a great personality and you two have such a good connection. :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He's still running around the house like a crazy man. Weight is down quite a bit but he's still eating a little and just really active so I'm not worried about it. Just burning off a ton of energy and too distracted for much food =)

76248-5362733975.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's still looking good and the appetite will come back soon. My boys are full of Spring Fever. Every time Cierra gets her living room time, Nathaniel and Castiel go NUTS. Good exercise for them. Then Cierra get her exercise flirting from her tank when the boys are out. Lots of hormones in my living room :laughhard: I love this time of year, they're all awake and start getting their energy back. I'm glad brumation is over for this year.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Poor dude cut his hand somehow. It looks like a fairly deep gash but kind of like a paper cut or severe cracked dry skin across his palm. No blood or anything though which makes me wonder if it's a crack or cut. Either way I put some manuka honey on it and wrapped his hand which he doesn't seem to like much but will tolerate. Since it's on the palm of his hand I don't want him tracking honey all over the house :lol: I'll switch over to neosporin if he really isn't having the whole bandage thing. Hopefully it heals up soon and he'll be back up and running.

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
Hope it heals up quickly and completely! My guy is brumating again. He’s never done an actual winter time brumation before. He just came out of it in September. He’s shedding also, so on his weekly soaks we manage to get rid of some of it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He started biting at the bandage so I took that away. His hand was catching all sorts of dirt from the rug though so I washed it up and I put honey back on when he fell asleep and tilted his arm back a bit. That gave it overnight contact time which I think will be good. I put some betadine in his bath this morning and he was running around no problem like it wasn't bothering him. The wound seems to be closed up but the rest of his hand and pinky are showing signs of shed so maybe it's all related. I'll keep a close eye on it and try the honey again overnight. As of now it doesn't look like it's a huge risk of getting infected. It's just tricky to treat on the bottom of his hand especially given how much he runs around.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm hoping that the honey works, too, and glad it's starting to heal. I'm glad you put Betadine in his bath, it's really helpful to help the healing process and stops bacteria. So that will help, too.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom