Yellow fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolflover629

Original Poster
Just giving am update. I did give him metacam one night and I did not like the way he acted so I did not give it last night. He has got to doses of the antifungals in him. He was getting dehydrated so we have him some water from a syringe. We also put water on him wirh a syringe. It was the weirdest thing I had seen. We were putting it on him slow so it didn't run down on him and spread anything and he soaked the water up instantly. He started acting better after that. We have been able to get some critical and carnivore care mixed with baby food in him. I hate not being able to give him a bath. He is shedding under his chin and chest and that is definitely an area of the fungus. I thibk I'm going to take a moistened qtip and work on getting it off. He also ate 3 of his was worms. We have ordered some horn worms. I'll keep everyone updated

wolflover629

Original Poster
I got some honey and acidophilus I got the liquid acidophilus how much do you generally give them?. He did not want to take his 2 dose of medications that well tonight it was a fight. I got the honey from the health food store. It is raw unfiltered and unpasteurized. It has bee pollen, bee propolis, and royal jelly in it. Would this also be ok to put in his food? So is the ssd cream going to help the fungus on his body ? I was putting this on his lip, but now I will do the honey. I'm trying to do everything possible for him and it's very confusing. I dont want to do something wrong

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just a small amount of Acidophili, an ml. or two. The honey can go right on his mouth, it can work very well on sore, raw areas. Add a bit to his food but not much.

wolflover629

Original Poster
I think he mouth is looking better. Some scabbing and tissue came off along with his sutures from the biopsy. He actually ate several syringes of food yesterday. So I'm hoping everything is putting him in the right direction. I have been giving him the acidophilus in the am. Then the two medications in the evening but not at the same time. He black bearded me when I just walked up to his cage. I'm pretty sure I'm not his favorite right now . He hates his medicine! I have been putting the honey on the sore in am and pm.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That sounds good ! Glad to hear that he's eating some + that part of the scab has come off. Post new pics when you get a chance.

wolflover629

Original Poster
I will post a picture when I have access to a computer. I can't seem to get it to work from my phone. How often are people cleaning the cages with this ? My f10 spray finally arrived. I have been cleaning it everyday along with his water bowl and rock. I took out his tree log (I think it's plastic not a real log) because it has a hole in it. I bleached it and it just smells funny in this hole. I dont want it to harbor the fungus. I am putting towels down on the floor that I can wash in bleach (changing everyday ). It is a very time consuming process and I will continue to do this if it is necceasay. I spray the f10 on his cage, rock, and water bowl. I rinse the water bowl. Someone told me all this is uneccessary to clean it this much. What do you guys recommend ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just do a reasonable cleaning, don't be too frantic about it . BTW, no water bowl needed in the tank, they don't drink from them [ most don't ] and with fungal infections water + wetness on the body will spread it much more quickly. Just offer water via syringe or eyedropper on his snout.

wolflover629

Original Poster
97573-4758432405.jpg
This is after using the Honey. It is looking better. It still has a long way to go though :(. The yellowing that you see on his chest in previous pictures seems to be getting worse. It is around his vent also. I am going to get some Lamisil spray today and stop using the ointment that the vet gave and see if it makes a difference. He does not want to hold still at all for me putting the ointment on his chest. I feel like I am wrestling a alligator! I know I was told not to give baths, but when I was reading the story on Mo on beautiful dragons it said she was giving him baths is Nolvasan. I do not want to spread it either. What are you thoughts on this?
Again thanks for all your help. This group has been very helpful. I don't know what I would have done without it!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor guy is going through so much, what a little fighter. I think that Nolvasan/betadine baths would be fine, it's worth trying anything that has helped another dragon in the past.

Can you post pics of his chest + vent ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There is an F10 ointment available that might work well as a topical treatment along with the oral meds, but I'm not sure where to find it in the US. If you mix your F10SC at a high concentration of maybe 100:1 and spray that on affected areas it may be effective. I remember reading a study that showed some success with that. I can't find it at the moment but will dig around for it. Just another possible tool to keep in mind.

wolflover629

Original Poster
Has anyone used the lamisil spray. The fumes seems really bad to me. We covered his head but i dont know. If you have how did you go about spraying it without fumigating them? I will try to post some pictures of his chest and vent tomorrow. I would be interested in this f10 study. I know the stuff in the orginal bottle sounds very toxic. I diluted my cage spray to 1:250. So if you find that it would awesome. He did eats some wax worms on his own today. One minute I'm am encouraged then the next I'm not sure anymore. :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't used lamisil spray but if it's causing fumes that are bothersome I'd probably be cautious with it. The concentrate certainly is a bit scary in the bottle as it is. I make sure to wash my hands thoroughly after mixing a new bottle. It has proven to be quite safe when at diluted levels though.

I found it. The test was using a concentration of 8ml per liter (1:125 I believe) sprayed on the dragon's body 5-15x per day in addition to allowing direct access to sunlight. http://www.walkaboutreptiles.com.au/documents/F10UseinReptiles.doc

wolflover629

Original Poster
I think I may give the f10 spray a try. Direct sunlight at this time will be hard though it's still cold most days bit we are having warm days here and there. When I say warm its basically about 60. I think the yellowing is def. Getting worse. His face however is going in the right direction. I did read the article thank you for finding that. I do want to clarify. We are talking about f10sc veterinary disinfectant correct? The bottle def. SCARES me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom