3-month old throwing himself against the wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my BD just decided that he was gonna throw himself at the wall of his tank from his basking perch. He’s done it one other time yesterday with his cool side perch. Is he just trying to get my attention? He has a background so he doesn’t see his reflection except for in the front, and the cool side is between 75-80 and his warm side is about 100 with the basking spot under the lamp is 105

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He might want to get out to explore. That's OK if you have a safe area for him to explore. If he keeps doing it and you are worried he might get hurt, try putting down some soft fleece to help protect him from hard falls.

HowlingattheMoon96

Original Poster
Okay, any suggestions on setting up a play area for him? I have lots of carpet so there’s plenty of stuff for him to accidentally lick up since he’s still licking everything he touches lol. I was thinking of putting a towel or blanket down, but I have no way of keeping him from going where he shouldn’t aside from putting my hand in his way and moving him back to the center.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just vacuum a lot to keep small bits off the floor, I have vents blocked with grates and areas I can't reach behind are blocked with a blanket/pillow/etc. I have portable basking lights set up around the house for returning to warm up and that works well. If you want a more enclosed space (but still larger than a tank) try a large collapsable playpen. They are pretty lightweight and easy to store but can provide a decent amount of room to run around.

76248-7200013599.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom