Orange lump in poop?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Orange lump in poop?

Postby BeardedBeings » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:57 pm

*warning, poop pics*

Hi, so I was checking my beardies poop when I saw this orange-thing in his poop? I haven’t feed him anything like carrots or squash that would give an orange pigment. Should I be really worried about this?

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
BeardedBeings
Newbie Poster

Re: Orange lump in poop?

Postby Drache613 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Hello,

That is really pretty normal. They do tend to get an orangish type of discoloration sometimes,
to the urate portion. How much supplementation do you give to him & what types are they?
A lot of times, too much calcium or vitamin supplementation may change the color & or the
consistency of the urates in particular. Were the urates hard, or soft or grainy?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby BeardedBeings » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:45 am

i use Fluker’s calcium with d3 and a multivitamin (i think it’s reptivitamin). I like to lightly dust his food 5x a week, the multivitamin 1x a time week, and a day off. His urate seemed pretty normal, like a delicate-slightly moist-chalk. I was talking to some other people online about this as well, and it came to mind that I had just given the crickets a new diet (flukers hi-cal cricket feed) along with some extra carrots than normal. Could that also affect this?
BeardedBeings
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Yeah the diet of the bugs will often be relayed to your dragon, especially if they have eaten recently (gutloading). This is usually a good thing so you can pass on hydration to your dragon. Try offering the bugs a variety of veges to munch on and it shouldn't be a problem. I don't bother with the commercial feeds though unless I already have some on hand.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby BeardedBeings » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:36 pm

Alright, super. Thank you!!
BeardedBeings
Newbie Poster

Return to Health