Newbie Feeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kDeBrox

So I just got a baby beardie last night, roughly about 3 months old. My brain hurts from all of the information that I have been reading as far as feeding and lighting. Is there a recommended veggie blend to buy? I know at Petsmart, they have a veggie blend that you just add water to. This may be a dumb question, and I am sorry if it is, but can I go to Kroger and get a leafy green mix and chop it up fine enough for he/she to eat?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I've never paid much interest in veggie blends but the recommended staple greens are collard/turnip/mustard greens, endive, Dandelion Greens, and Escarole. And also kale, but I prefer to only add it IF theres 1-2 more other greens at the very minimum.

I'd just look at what's in the veggie blend before buying it, but yes you can probably use those veggie blends that they have. As long as everything is fresh you'll be fine.

Stay away from spinach, lettuce, and parsley if you can. These are just three of the ones I can list off the top of my head that should be fed rarely or never.

Also that junk petsmart sells just stay away from it, I doubt it's much good at all. Most freeze dried, canned, and prepared commercial diets are pretty much junk that they sell for your money, just like calci-sand.

kDeBrox

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":y4gl6c3j said:
I've never paid much interest in veggie blends but the recommended staple greens are collard/turnip/mustard greens, endive, Dandelion Greens, and Escarole. And also kale, but I prefer to only add it IF theres 1-2 more other greens at the very minimum.

I'd just look at what's in the veggie blend before buying it, but yes you can probably use those veggie blends that they have. As long as everything is fresh you'll be fine.

Stay away from spinach, lettuce, and parsley if you can. These are just three of the ones I can list off the top of my head that should be fed rarely or never.

Also that junk petsmart sells just stay away from it, I doubt it's much good at all. Most freeze dried, canned, and prepared commercial diets are pretty much junk that they sell for your money, just like calci-sand.

Thank you, this is very helpful!

Ajsundo

kDeBrox":30yi6b85 said:
So I just got a baby beardie last night, roughly about 3 months old. My brain hurts from all of the information that I have been reading as far as feeding and lighting. Is there a recommended veggie blend to buy? I know at Petsmart, they have a veggie blend that you just add water to. This may be a dumb question, and I am sorry if it is, but can I go to Kroger and get a leafy green mix and chop it up fine enough for he/she to eat?
My baby beardie, about 3-4 month old, absolutely LOVES carrots, I cut them up into very small pieces and put them in her little dish with a little bit of water in it so when he eats the little pieces he gets some water with it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom