BASKING SPOT ISSUE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My bearded dragon is about 3-4 months old, recently hasnt been laying on his basking log as often as he use to.. he now lays on the ground beside it.. hes on astro turf, and the temp of the basking spot is at 109 F. He has a 40 gallon breeder from exoterra, REPTISUN 10.0 for UVB, zoomed 100 W basking bulb, I even have on a 100 W Ceramic heat emitter.. I feel like thats a lot.. but the tempreture is ONLY at 109... weird right? Im using a zoomed thermostat with a probe for accuracy..any suggestions or reason to why he/she might be not on the log anymore?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He might just be preferring the slightly cooler temps which is fine. If he keeps moving to the side you could lower the basking site temps a bit to fit his preferences. The ranges we suggest are guidelines to start with. They all have their individual preferences so it's best to observe and adjust based on those. Keep in mind they tend to move around quite a bit over the course of the day to get different temps and UVB levels so while he may be spending a lot of time to the side he may be grabbing some time in the higher temps at some points as well.

babybearded07

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1b96mssk said:
He might just be preferring the slightly cooler temps which is fine. If he keeps moving to the side you could lower the basking site temps a bit to fit his preferences. The ranges we suggest are guidelines to start with. They all have their individual preferences so it's best to observe and adjust based on those. Keep in mind they tend to move around quite a bit over the course of the day to get different temps and UVB levels so while he may be spending a lot of time to the side he may be grabbing some time in the higher temps at some points as well.

Good point! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom