Bearded dragon swelling does not eat shedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, most Dragons will not drink any standing water from a bowl or even a bath, as they have no concept of standing water because there isn't much standing water in the Australian Deserts where they come from. They get most of their hydration from the fresh vegetation and the live insects they eat. I actually have one female that drinks from a bowl, but my other guys won't touch standing water, so we do the eyedropper thing a couple of times each day and it works very well to keep them hydrated.

MarkZ

Original Poster
I've tried to give some water from dropper. She started to drink and now looks much better.. Still it was quite long play to get some water in to her. But now shes droped old skin from tail and started to climb and use pool for day long :). I think reason was dehydration. Started to eat bit by bit as well giving her calci with vits and she looks pretty good. Do some photos after work. Thank you all for support. Without help she would be dead i think already. :) her poo is like previous now looks normal white part with dark one together.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific that you were able to get her to drink from a dropper! I am sure the extra
fluids did help out. Sometimes it does take awhile to get them to drink but I am sure she is
feeling better.
I hope the rest of her shed goes smoothly for her also.

Tracie

MarkZ

Original Poster
Actually we slightly opened mouth for first time. You can drop as much water as you want. Probably she is not in a mood. But she now is much better. Started to climb and going under the basking spot. Before she was hiding all the time. Or it was sign of hibernation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom