Stopped eatting slightly black beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i got My dragon Mushu in august and for the last week he hasnt been eatting much but for the last 4 days he just stopped eatting all together. yesturday woke up went to check on him and he has a slightly black beard and just seems very tired and lethargic hes normally a very grumpy dragon moves around alot. fluffs himself up all the time when i go into his cage. But as of yesturday he just doesnt try to fight me at all. doesnt get mad and just lets me pick him up ( Not gunna lie its a nice change being able to hold him ) But its just not him.. when we pick him up he does wiggle a little bit but nothing crazy and he just sits on his little house under the basking spot all day doesnt climb anything like he used to. I dont know if hes sick or if its him trying to say He wants to burmate ? im a first time owner and would like to know if i need to worry alot or not at all. some insite would be amazing .

The little bit of a beard is whats concerning me the most.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
He's very ill if he's lethargic , blackbeard and sick looking , could be anything but if he's not hiding it he's critical and needs to be seen by a REPTILE VET URGENTLY.

They can go downhill when like this very quickly.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
How old is your Dragon? If you just got him in August as a baby from a pet shop or breeder, then he's probably no older than 7 months or so, and if that's the case no, he's not trying to Brumate, especially if he's not been eating much since you got him. Young Dragons eat tons and tons of live insects every single day because they do most all of their growing during their first year of life. So if he's not been eating much and been lethargic since you brought him home, this is most likely being cause by a problem with your husbandry, probably either inadequate UVB lighting, improper temperature zones, or both.

Can you post some photos of both your Dragon and then also his entire tank/enclosure that show how you have his lights set-up?

EXACTLY what UVB light do you have (it will be printed right on the light itself)? What I mean is what is the Brand, the Wattage, and then also the type of UVB light, meaning is it a Compact Bulb, a Coil/Spiral Bulb, or a long, fluorescent tube?

Is your UVB light sitting on top of a mesh lid to the tank? How far away, in inches, is your UVB light from your Dragon's main Basking Spot/Platform?

What size tank does he have? What substrate is in the bottom of his tank?

What wattage is your Basking Bulb? What color light is emitted by your Basking Bulb? How many hours per day do you leave both the UVB light and the Basking Bulb on?

What type of Thermometer are you using to keep track of his temperature zones (Stick-On, Digital Probe, or Gun)?

What are the temperatures of the 3 Temperature Zones inside your Dragons Tank? (Cool Side Air/Ambient, Hot Side Air/Ambient, and Basking Spot/Platform Surface Temperatures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom