Baby Bearded dragons not using front legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lieyze

Original Poster
AHBD":1uu1p331 said:
Poor little sweetie. :D If it's warm + sunny where you live you can take him out + set him in the sun [ in the grass ] Be sure to use a good calcium powder on his food, too.
I wish i could its only 56 degrees outside, to cold for the beardie, but he has calcium and proper uvb bulbs in, thank you for the reply! hope i can bring a great update soon.

Lieyze

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2pterjc3 said:
He looks active which is good. I don't like how at least the front right arm is flopping around though. It could be a muscular problem or perhaps early MBD. He's so young that if that's the case I think a high powered UVB light combined with proper calcium supplementation on his bugs will fix that. It could be a neurological issue which could be tougher to determine. It might be worth having an atadenovirus test done, especially since you have another dragon and that is contagious. Just wash your hands well before and after handling and that should minimize risk of transmission though.
i've doing my best not to contaminate eachother, once i get done handling one, I wash hands for about 2 minutes and handle the other, as well as my girlfriend, so i hope that keeps contamination down.

Lieyze

Original Poster
Drache613":2ohih82f said:
Hello,

Oh I agree, that is definitely a calcium issue. As suggested, he will need a stronger UVB light
to help him out in this case. It will need to be at a distance of 10 or so inches from him if you
do get a T5 high output tube.
Which calcium are you using right now?
If he can't climb well you may want to consider lowering his basking spot for awhile until he
can get around better.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
I'm about to post an update video, since it has been about 24 hours now, letting yall see how he is doing. and i am currently using flukers repta calcium , and hes moving around fine, going up and down the basking area but i will do my best.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Has he started using his front legs yet? I hope he is starting to improve, it may take some time.
Keep us posted on his progress.
The repta calcium should be fine, used once daily, 5 times per week.

Tracie

UncleGael

I will bet money this is neuro and not strictly vitamin related. I'm not saying it can't be both, but I will almost guarantee it's a neruo issue. Likely poor genetics and poor nutrition in the mother, which is all too common from pet store dragons. Even proper UVB and supplementation will be unlikely to change much in the long run. If the dragon makes it through adolescence it will still likely be crippled for life.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So you say he's getting around better already with the new uvb bulb and calcium supplementation ? If so, that's great ! Please do post a new video when you get the time .

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Have you been able to get a video of him yet, to upload so we can see his posture?
How is he doing today, I hope he has gotten a little better. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom