Lamp fell on Kevin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":17g8as7z said:
Black beard could also be just frustration and/or his leg still hurts a bit.

Penelope Jolene is a beautiful name !

I think it's a lot to do with frustration. He uses his head to move & that's when it goes black the most. That & when I'm coming at him with a syringe LOL!

FYI: Doc appointment went swimmingly well yesterday! I will be getting induced in the morning. Have to be there @ 6:30am! If I make it that long. Was up all night with contractions that decided to go away soon as I woke my husband up to tell him he wasn't working today, of course. But I've been contracting off & on all day! So stressed about leaving my babies behind & depending on my husband to come home & take care of them for me. I wish I could pack them in my hospital bag LOL!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, they would never know how may bugs to feed at one sitting or if a beardie poo looked healthy or any other useful stuff like that. :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
AHBD":mkcb08uk said:
Yeah, they would never know how may bugs to feed at one sitting or if a beardie poo looked healthy or any other useful stuff like that. :)
But we could no doubt, educate them, lol!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just updating on your thread! I hope your hospital day went well & little Kevin is ok, with
your hubby going in to check on him.
When you can, update on your status as well as your new member of the family & Kevin.
Now that is a good one....a Beardie maternity ward! LOL :D

Tracie

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Yes -- hoping all is well with you and your family (both human and beardie babies) and that all went well yesterday. :)

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Hoping all is well and everything went well with the labor...Congrats!

And no, nurses would not have a clue what to do with a Dragon, lol. That would be interesting to see though...

Keep us updated on how everyone is doing!

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone! I'm back home... finally! Couldn't wait to get out of that hospital lol! Everything went great! I now have a beautiful new HUMAN baby. She flew into the world pretty quick & we are both doing great. My husband came home everyday so he & my daughter could take care of Kevin & Keisha. They both did really well, I can tell they're pretty mad at me for leaving tho lol!

Kevin is still pretty banged up but he is moving a lot more. I haven't actually seen how he's moving yet, but I have seen that he is moving around his tub so that's good.

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes & thinking of us. Definitely have some adjusting to do, but I will update more later on after I've been home longer than an hour or so & can say what's going on. Thanks again! It's nice to know we are thought of!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yay ! Glad that all went well ! Stay healthy, get rested + take care of what you need to. Report back here at your leisure. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news everything went well at the hospital & that you are back home now.
I am sure your human baby will take up time. LOL Hopefully Kevin & Keisha will adjust
just fine though.
Let us know how things are coming along.

Tracie

KevinsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm back! It's been chaotic, but we are finally settling into a routine around here. Haven't really had any time to myself to get on here. Strange because just a few days ago, I was on here pretty much every minute I was awake, just reading.

Kevin is still trucking. Absolutely no improvements, but no setbacks either. He gives me the evil glare A LOT. One thing I've noticed I'm struggling with is him pooping & me not noticing right away. He doesn't move out of it. Before, I usually was right there when he pooped & would immediately get him up & clean it. Now, I am still in the same room with him but am not hovering so I don't catch it right away. But it's ok, just means he gets a bath after every poo now.

He really doesn't seem to be uncomfortable. His tail shed finally came away yesterday. I think it took about 2weeks. Is that ok? I was so worried it would be retained & kill his whole tail but it absolutely would not come off. His front legs got waxy on Tuesday so we're working on that now.

His back is still as warped as ever. He does move around but he still just uses his head. Im trying to slowly straighten his back in the bath. I'd live to give him water therapy to try to get his arms & legs stronger, but if I don't hold his head up, he won't hold it up out of the water if I actually make it deep enough for him to feel weightless. I haven't actually tried to let him go because as I pull my hand away, he doesn't seem like he will hold his head up himself. So I'm not sure if he would or not. He is able to hold it up, keeps it up looking around all day, so I know he's capable of it. I think hes just lazy in the bath LOL!

He's still eating like a pig. He only eats BSFL, absolutely no crickets at all. He really likes them now & I'm able to coat them in the kidney support powder & cherry powder.

Speaking of dusting, if I give him hos herptivite, I know it's best to do 2 days of it, but does it need to be every feeding or just one a day? I always gave it to him every feeding on 2 days but now I have other powders I need to dust with so if I was to do vitamins every feeding, he wouldn't get the powders. Which is more important? Or am I stressing for no reason? I tend to do that LOL!

Keisha is doing amazing. No linger stressed & getting fatter by the day. She actually eats her greens & I alternate crickets & BSFL for her. I'm out of crickets right now, ran out 2 days ago. I'm not allowed to drive until I get released from my doctor, silliness. We went out on Saturday to get some random things for the baby & get my pain meds filled. I went to Petco to get crickets & my god I've never seen that place so packed! I was worn out, had a hungry baby screaming in the truck with my daughter & hubby & just couldn't handle the thought of waiting so long. Hubby is supposed to pick some up on his way home from work today. He will probably forget lol.

He has held his word about helping me with all my babies, but he mainly only helps with Penelope. Which is fine. My daughter helps me with Kevin & Keisha & she's awesome at it so I'd rather her help than him either way.

Ok, I guess that's all for now. I will come back at some point tho LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom