Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yeah, we celebrate well.
We got home about 3 hours ago. We did Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion (Tom's favorite), Star Wars rides there's two I can't remember their names. We went to California Adventure and went to Gaurdians of the Galaxy. Some coasters as well. Went back to the hotel and did more on Sunday. Took a plane to come back home. I now have a bad case of allergies. I feel so bad...miserable and took my pills for it.

Tom fed everyone as he got everyone fed and cleaned up stools. Im normally the one to do it but couldn't wake up well enough just tired. Those pills...I need daytime ones.
I've been sick enough to stay off the xbox for a few days already. I hadn't played. I fed everyone dinner as I managed my runny/stuffed nose.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I remember that they must have a fantastic crew of gardeners at Disneyland because they always have planters full of all kinds of exotic plants --must have been too much pollen and whatnot for your allergies.

My husband's allergy meds make him sleepy too -- he always has to decide which is worse -- being under the influence of the allergies or under the influence of the meds. And he's learned that shoveling snow is not necessarily a hypoallergenic activity. :roll:

I guess we're both lucky we've got hubbies who are willing to take care of the critters when we're not up to it. Puffie gets his bath and cuddles and food even when "Mommy" isn't up to par and able, thanks to his "Daddy." :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Makes sense why my allergies acted up the day after. Too much exposure to the pollen. Im usually allergic to ragweed. I brought an umbrella with me as well the sun is intense in California. Im already at risk for skin cancer if I stand in the sun too long. I don't like exposing my skin to the sun too long anyway.

It's going to snow Sun night...we're expecting 3-5" of snow. Hopefully power stays on because snow temps or seriously cold! I got the reptiles all set in case but for myself...I'll end up catching the cold if I stay cold too long (I know crazy right). Oh well...

So my mom wants to take all of us to see Black Panther tomorrow. Im a fan of Marvel movies...not really XMen...but still.

Everyone is fine except Broly. He hasn't passed stool since Mon which isn't a worry. He'll go sometime. He seems out of it...but he'll eat and he liked sitting in the window. Idk he seemed tired..he didn't want to get up but he was awake. I set him so he could get up and eat. If I left him there he's not gonna get up that's why I did it! So he did eat food (a lot) he just isn't energetic...well as energetic as a 3 yo should be. I looked him over, cant find anything wrong. Stools are good (when he goes) weight is a bit of an up and down but mostly stable. Idk...he's ok I guess. I already had a vet check up for spring...so not really into wanting to do that again. Honestly...Im sick of going...dont get me wrong I'll go if I have to but...I don't think I need to at this point.

I need to go to the Apple Store. It's time I get the iPad 4+ or whatever it's called. My very old iPad is dying out. Battery isn't catching charge. It's the first gen iPad that's how old it is. Im on my iPad 2..LOL I have too many Apple products. No macs though...I don't like those computers. I have a iPhone but still. I know my iPad2 works why get the 4? I honestly don't know I guess..maybe I want it?? Idk it's not a need but whatever.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
That was a good idea to bring yourself some "portable shade" while you were at Disneyland. That southern California sun can get pretty brutal even at this time of year. I had my share of sunburns when I lived there -- you'd think I would have known better by the time I left.

We've had our fair share of snow this last couple of weeks -- my husband just finished shoveling the latest batch of it out of the driveway. Winter's not over yet -- we'll see what comes next.

Sometimes we take better care of our reptiles than we do of ourselves, huh? :wink:

I haven't seen Black Panther but the previews look pretty good. I've seen some of the XMen movies but not all of them. I like Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, but I remember them as Captain Picard and Gandalf in Star Trek and The Lord of the Rings, too.

Hopefully Broly is just having a few off days and nothing is seriously wrong. Puff has days like that sometimes. (Speaking of Puff, time to turn on the heat lamps...) Sometimes he sleeps half the day if I let him, and other times he gets right up, crawls out from under his towel, and looks at me like, "Do I get my Good Morning cuddle today?"

My husband is always looking for an excuse to buy a new electronic gadget, but I keep telling him that since he's so good at making a "silk purse out of a sow's ear" (in other words, put together a computer that works reasonably well from leftover parts out of the trash), our place in the "electronic ecosystem" is not to have the latest and greatest, but to use up last year's models until they don't work at all, then recycle them. I suppose that his current employer appreciates his abilities, since they're a non-profit and can't afford to get the latest stuff all the time (or to pay him what he's worth, for that matter, but I digress...) -- anyway, I try to keep him away from the computer stores as much as possible. :roll:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

An inch of snow on Sun/Mon. It's gonna be really cold those two nights. Im gonna bring in my rabbit inside tonight.

Broly's fine just really cold in the mornings though I have the ceramic heaters on overnight. It kinda affects him for the day though the hear lamps are hot enough...he likes 107 any lower he gets pissed off and moves away. Kane and Jamie aren't picky they'll take 105.

Thank goodness it's raining (though I kinda hate it). Pollen is all over the ground outside. My allergies have once again kicked up for a second weekend in a row. Wtf?! I wish I wasn't allergic to pollen. There's a lot here, including crappy ragweed.

Black Panther was pretty good. I liked it! My new favorite hero.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Good that you bring your critter(s) inside when it gets too cold, even the warm blooded furry ones. Some of our arctic weather must have got sent south. It's just below freezing here (that's "warm" for Alaska) and no new snow for the past couple of days, although we're not out of the woods yet -- we've been known to get several feet of the stuff dumped on us right around Easter, once in a while...

I get to play human thermostat between the furnace and Puff's heat lamps. We have a wall furnace (forced air -- worst for allergies -- the house was advertised as having baseboard hot water heat -- better for allergies, and apparently it did once, but it didn't work and was replaced -- then again when we had the house weatherized -- still forced air -- really long story, but anyway...) The heater is up against an outside wall and the manufacturer doesn't have an option to put the thermostat somewhere else in the house, so the result is that it's too responsive to the outside temperature and not responsive enough to what it's doing to the indoor temperature, so when the outside temperature changes rapidly like it's been doing this year, I have to keep adjusting the thermostat to match, as well as the dimmer switches on Puff's heat lamps, and Puff likes to plop himself right on top of the thermometers so I can't tell how hot it's really getting because he's shading it with his body. My husband thinks maybe it's ok because at least I get a pretty good idea of his body temperature...

Like you, I usually shoot for nothing much higher than 105 F (107 is about where I'd start turning the dimmer switch down) and nothing lower than 95 F in the basking area (and around 80 F at the "cool" end of the tank where I keep the salad so it doesn't get cooked in the heat, but Puff almost never goes there -- he'd go "downstairs" to chase a bug, but not for greens :roll: ). I'm starting to suspect that Puff does it on purpose to get me to turn up the heat so he can have a "fever" -- maybe that's how his immune system is dealing with the adenovirus? Pure speculation on my part. :? Anyway, him and Broly both -- it would probably have to be at least 107 and maybe even closer to 110 before Puff would start thinking about moving somewhere cooler. I have to be careful about that when I need to take a nap in the afternoon -- check thermostat settings, dimmer switch dials and temps before going to sleep... :sleepy2: :shock:

It doesn't help, of course, that the human thermostat completed menopause in 2015, so my body's own thermostat has been "off line" intermittently ever since then. My gynecologist asked me if I was having "hot flashes" -- not exactly. More like "heat waves" and "cold fronts," but that's been the least of my worries. I thought the mood swings were supposed to settle down when the hormones shut off, but no such luck in my case. Oh well. Puff would probably enjoy it if I had had a "hot spell" while cuddling him, but unfortunately I can't turn them on or off at will. And then there's my husband, who has almost no fat on his body and no sweat glands, so he gets either overheated or too cold really easy. So here we all are in Alaska trying to keep two humans and one reptile comfortable, and not a properly working thermostat in the house, biological, mechanical, or otherwise. It would probably make a good sitcom... :laughing6:

Do you know if you're allergic to mold? That's what happens to my husband -- it rains and washes the pollen out of the air, then the molds start growing and he barely gets a break. Sometimes he says he's "allergic to the whole world" or to "air" -- well, maybe half of the world, and yes to the air if it's full of pollen, mold spores, dust, etc etc. No pollen here yet, but our house is still full of dust mites year round. It's always something.

Do any of the OTC allergy medications work very well for you? They don't help my husband much, and even the prescription stuff barely makes a difference and isn't much worth the side effects (or the copay) for him. I hope something works better for you than it does for him.

Maybe I'll get a chance to see Black Panther one of these days. Someone gave my husband a gift card to one of the local theaters and I've been watching their schedule, but with my husband's work schedule the way it is right now, I don't know when we'll be able to find the time to go to a movie. Maybe during his vacation if he can ever get it scheduled. Meanwhile, are you into any of the TV superhero stuff? I've been watching Supergirl and Flash and a couple of the other spinoffs, but I haven't had a chance yet to see any of the new Dr. Who stuff with the new lady Doctor -- don't even know if they've had it on because the cable channel that runs them changed their programming schedule so not even the reruns are on at a time when I can usually watch :( I've seen most of the reruns but not all of them, and I like to watch some of my favorites over and over until I have them memorized. :wink: PBS has been running some of the really old ones with Tom Baker, but they put them on so late that I usually can't stay awake, and apparently they're still copyrighted so you can't watch them over the internet for $0. I suppose it could be argued that Somebody up there is trying to tell me that I should be spending my supposedly abundant time but extremely limited energy doing something more productive than watching TV, but hey, that's when I do my best beardie cuddling too... :love5:

Ooooh -- TLDR. I guess that's enough of a rant for one post. :oops:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yes, the polar vortex they're calling it. We had 3" of snow. Possible chances tonight into tomorrow and the weekend into next week. Friday is our only break.

I don't watch any tv lately. No new Dr Who as far as I know yet. I don't watch any super hero spin offs. Im into gaming after all the chores are done. I got bored of Supergirl after 1 season. Idk why. I fall asleep early if Im not doing anything to keep busy. 8-9pm isn't even late..

Broly has a dark patch from his neck to the middle of his back and down the sides stopping at the spikes. It's a shed as it came on so suddenly. No shedding signs on his chest so just on his back and neck. So not only is there two more winter weather advisories Broly is totally out of it. He only passed stool Fri (the 16th of Feb) and barely eating. The last time he ate well was Sun (the 18th of Feb). He didn't eat at all yesterday and only a bit this morning. He's not sleeping all day he's just lounging around under his basking bulb. He does change positions from time to time. No lethargy or black beard/tail. He's totally fine no obvious signs of sickness...just really lazy and not wanting food and only eating a little bit if any at all. Tom says it's the weather and maybe that pre shed on his back, but definitely weather. It's really chilly. I gave him water he drank a few drops and then walked off. Obviously not dehydrated which is good. It's not hydration that's bothering him. Im curious to see his weight tomorrow afternoon (sarcasm as he hasn't ate much). I'll be surprised if it went up at all. It's an up and down thing with him. As we all know it's water weight. Im not too concerned as Tom checked everything and it all checks out fine. He's active and loves to look out the window outside his tank. Nothing has changed inside his tank to make him lazy. Well for now we're gonna wait out the winter storms that are coming. We'll go from there after they pass because they're messing up Broly eating schedule. Ya know ppl say they feel barometric pressure so that's probably it. Parasites/worms are negative, liver and kidneys are fine there isn't swelling anywhere. He's just a lazy turkey. I normally wouldn't wait to take him to vet but there's nothing wrong. He's just not hungry.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It's been a little hectic around here too. Hopefully your weather didn't ruin your last weekend too badly, now that it's next Wednesday already. Speaking of snow, we got 11 inches of it dumped on us earlier this week, and my poor husband has been trying to get the driveway all shoveled out in time for grocery shopping (I used to help him but I was never good at it and just got in his way, and nowadays I'm pretty useless when it comes to shoveling snow). Luckily they're not expecting it to snow again before the end of the week, so if all goes well, he'll be able to get the car out of the driveway for grocery shopping, but I'm going to have to tell him he's going to have to run to the pet store for roaches, too... :roll:

I decided not to give Puff any more Repashy Grub Pie for a little while. He really likes it but it doesn't seem to like him -- big sloppy mess to clean up last week the day after he had some for lunch, first urate and a puddle of liquid, then sloppy poo a little while later, and a beardie that looked like he had a tummy ache, not to mention that he himself needed to be cleaned up with toilet paper, as well as the tank. :roll: So I'm using roaches for mid week snacks this week. He gets his big bug meal on Saturdays, and as many greens as "Daddy" can coax him into eating during the week.

His beard has been a little dark off and on lately, and I'm keeping an eye out for any other signs of illness, since I know that a dark beard can mean they're not feeling well if it's not accompanied by head bobbing and glass dancing and other signs of hormonal craziness, but I also know that "spring fever" is due any day. We're also putting coconut oil on his tail, because it's in the middle of a very sloppy shed that's been going on for a long time, and there's one part that I'm a little worried might be getting a little constricted. His annual exam is due in April but we'll consider taking him in early if we think it might be needed.

I'm hoping maybe they haven't put the new Dr Who episodes on yet while I haven't been able to watch them, so maybe I haven't missed too much. I rarely get bored with anything that has to do with science fiction or fantasy (aliens, superpowers, magic, etc). I like that some of the superheros get to have a life now -- Green Arrow and The Flash both just got married. But I'm really disappointed in what the writers have done with Supergirl's love life (as well as that of her adopted human sister). I was expecting at least one big fancy wedding before the end of the current season, but no go... :(

It sounds like Tom is probably right about Broly being just a little "under the weather" (literally :wink: ). I had never really thought about the barometric pressure affecting their behavior but it does make some sense. Even we severely domesticated humans can feel changes in air pressure -- that's why your ears pop when you fly on a plane or drive up into the mountains. So I could suppose that even when you give your reptiles plenty of artificial heat and light inside your house during a storm, you still can't do much about the barometric pressure. So hopefully Broly will feel better when the weather gets better. :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It's March 1st now... I have been making friends on games lately. Well, when Tom doesn't want on the Xbox. I don't mind sharing it..after the day he has dealing with sick reptiles, small pets, dogs and cats he needs something to ease stress. My stress is just getting chores done now that Im under the weather so to speak. Not really illness but..."personal" is the word to describe it. I got on xbox at midnight and met a nice kid and when I mean kid I do. He's 15 and pretty nice (there I go meeting kids where the heck are the adults?). I got on today and he didn't talk to me no biggie. Some people stop talking after two days. I guess that's a thing. Eh, whatever I usually prefer alone but with the games I play no option LOL. Strictly online games. Today I didn't feel well but tried to play but my stomach wasn't cooperating. I just got my daily rewards on Smite (online battle game with gods/godesses). I then got off after all the updates were done. I watched tv with Broly and Kane. The boys were too tired to care they were near each other. Tom put the boys back in their tanks and let them soak some more uvb and heat. I fell asleep after he put them back. Tomorrow Im hoping is better...I don't need friends to talk on xbox but would have been nice..oh well. It's not bad I can entertaining myself (one of the good thing about aspergers). My brain can make up any story and I just go with it. It's better that I have a story with depression lying around.

Oh you missed nothing I read Dr Who returns October 2018 didn't give an exact date. It is coming this year though.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It's funny how I can relate to your situation even though my husband and I are both fairly clueless where Xbox is concerned. He's got a pinball game he likes to play once in a while, but I think it's just one that comes with the operating system and works on the local computer, like the solitaire card games and chess, which he plays sometimes too. I think he used to do the arcades when he was a teenager, and you know, back in the "dark ages" about 30 or 40 years ago, gaming was a completely different thing than it is nowadays. :wink: Anyway, he seems to get really frustrated when his little virtual silver ball goes down the virtual "drain," but he says that it does help him de-stress.

I was tired last night too. Hubby went out for fresh (more or less) roaches after work, and by the time he got home I was too tired to take them out of their little cup and put them in their new habitat (I have several of those "Kricket Keepers", one large one for crickets and two for roaches, one large and one small), so they had to wait until this morning. They'd been packed a couple of weeks ago and their little food cube was all dried up, but most of them were still alive. Roaches are pretty amazing.

I went to bed just before Puff's bedtime, so "Daddy" brought him in for his bedtime cuddle, then took him back to his tank and tucked him in afterwards. I guess we're both lucky we've got husbands that are willing to take care of us and our critters when we're not feeling well. I hope you're feeling better.

I'm an introvert myself, but that doesn't mean I don't like people or that I don't need friends. I just have to take "social" in small doses or I get overwhelmed. And I've been daydreaming escapist science fiction and fantasy ever since I was a little kid -- do you do that too? I've probably thought up enough stuff for a number of novels over the years, and writing some of them down was about the only thing on my "bucket list" until I tried to actually sit down and do it a few years ago, and realized that the task of getting my stories out of my head and onto paper was just too overwhelming and that I could never stick with it long enough to finish any of them, and that got me pretty depressed for a while. But a friend suggested that I start with something shorter...

I sent a little blurb in to Reptiles magazine: "You know you're really into reptiles when you live in Alaska and you see nothing crazy about trying to maintain an Australian desert environment in a little glass box in your living room." So I'm a "published author" now, and you can't get much shorter than that. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the research and the heads up about Dr Who -- I wrote myself a note to check the TV listings for it in the fall. :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yup, Dr Who is in the fall. It sucks for us because fall starts storm season. It hasn't been too bad this year. A couple wind storms but didn't cut the power for long hours.

Broly has picked up 8g since the last time. He's 546g! He drops every week but this week has changed. Idk I might have said so in the last post. He hasn't passed stool since Feb 28. It looked normal. It's warm tonight so I won't need the CHE. The humidity always sucks but whatever. I read beardies can take up to 70%.

Kane picked up 10g making him 560g again. He's dropped over winter as well. The weather messing with both dragons. Sent all three into semi brumation. They woke up today as it wasn't cold. We had some slurries but nothing too bad. Ate some food, Broly being picky didn't eat greens.

I taught myself a new song! Well it's not new per se. It's Jurassic Park theme from 1993. On guitar, it's not too hard unless you don't know how to read tabs. I had some non autistic people attempt to teach themselves...they need a teacher...they just didn't understand the numbers and strings. Yeah...I looked up the strings and frets. I know what the numbers mean. It means the fret on that string. Ok, example is B 7 you go to the 7th fret on B string. Seriously if I didn't know that then why does the guitar sound like what Im attempting to play? Exactly! I don't understand the major or minor stuff like Gm or Dm. Im working on learning those on my own. It's ok, one day I'll get it. For now, sticking with what I know. Im not trying to sound like Im better than others, honestly Im not. It sounds like it I know. Im into guitar so much that I just seem to pick it up faster than most.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Gee -- you guys just might have to consider getting a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for your TV before the fall season, just in case you have an outage during an important Dr Who episode. :wink: But if not, they tend to rerun the heck out of them, so you'd probably have plenty of other chances, plus whatever you might be able to do over the internet.

It sounds like you keep pretty good records of Broly and Kane's weight, but do you chart them? If so, I would think that would help you see the overall trends at a glance, and if it looks like it's stable over the long run, then the daily fluctuations that are probably due to food, poop, and water might not look so much like something to worry about. It also sounds like your guys are healthy. Maybe drops in barometric pressure do activate their instinct to take shelter and hole up until the storm is over ("semi brumation"), even when you keep them indoors and give them enough artificial light and heat -- probably an adaptive behavior that works well in the wild and then doesn't go away when they're "domesticated."

As I recall, the theme in Jurassic Park was done with an orchestra (gooOOood movie, IMO, BTW). I can't imagine what that melody would sound like on a guitar.

You seem to be something of an "autistic savant" when it comes to the mathematics of music in general and the mechanics of guitar playing in particular. No, I don't think you're bragging. You're just being honest and talking about your interests.

I think I probably told you that I dabbled in guitar around 35-40 years ago. I was working in a department store at the time, and I ordered myself a cheap guitar out of their catalog, got some "how to" books, and taught myself to play some real simple stuff. I liked the chord diagrams that showed which finger goes where on which fret -- it was way easier than trying to figure it out from regular sheet music. But I never realized that the "7" in "B7" stood for the 7th fret. I always thought that the "7" chords sounded discordant -- I liked the major and minor chords better. They sound prettier to me, although the major chords sound happy and the minor chords sound sad. I can tell you that on a piano keyboard, if you start on C and play all the white keys on up until you get to the next C an octave up, you get a C major scale, but if you start on A and play all the white keys up till the next A, you get an A minor scale. it has to do with what they call "half steps" and "whole steps" between the frequencies of the pitches, and where the half steps vs whole steps are placed in the scale. On a piano, a half step is the next key, usually a black key, and a whole step is from one white key to the next white key if there is a black key in between, but there are two places on the keyboard where the white keys are only one half step apart instead of one whole step (between B & C and between E & F -- where there's no black key in between). On a guitar, each fret along a string is a half step.

I saw a T-shirt once that said, "Musical Theory of Relativity: E = F flat."

I hope that helps a little, but forgive me for insulting your intelligence if you already knew all that. :?

I thought about getting another guitar a couple of years ago, but I already have an electronic keyboard that's at least 25 years old (it still works), and a nice cheap recorder flute that's really easy to play, and since I don't consistently get them out and practice (the flute once in a while, but the keyboard spends most of its time in the closet), I was afraid the guitar would just eventually end up gathering dust if I got one -- that, and "sticker shock" when I found out that you can't get a decent guitar for less than an arm and a leg anymore, at least not here in Anchorage.

That might be changing though -- we had some stores close in our nearest shopping mall, and we just found out that a guitar store from the "lower 48" is going to be moving into that space -- scheduled to open sometime next year. My husband is disgusted with the economic situation -- what often happens is the big chain stores move in here and sell their stuff really cheap (they take a loss and use their Alaskan stores as a tax writeoff) just long enough to drive all the little mom and pop stores out of business, and once they've killed off all the competition, then they "Alaskanize" their prices. But I've got a year or two to see if I can get into the habit of practicing with my other musical instruments regularly enough to warrant getting a guitar, as well as to convince my husband not to think of me as an evil person if I want to take advantage of the situation and see if I can get a good deal on a guitar... :mrgreen:

We had plans on Saturday, but Puffie pooped in his tank just before we would have left (a nice sloppy one), so we stayed home to clean up after him. I guess that makes us true beardie slaves. :roll:

Speaking of Puff, it's about time for his good morning cuddle. :love5: (And I already rambled on too long anyway. Another TLDR -- sorry about that. :oops:)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I had to visit my dr (not vet) because I caught viral pharyngitis. Throat stopped hurting, I have coughs, upset stomach, light headed and chills. No fever though. I couldn't even eat because the nausea. Dr says the stomach and pharyngitis will take care of themselves. It sounds worse than it is. I can gargle salt water for 30 seconds. My tonsils have puss all over them.

Nope, no intelligence insulted you're fine. Im just out of it. I know nothing about piano keys and notes so that's cool. I only know guitar tabs and notes. The Jurassic Park theme sounds nice on guitar. Im also learning Legend of Zelda and Mario on guitar. My husband grew up with Nintendo 64 so I decided to learn them on guitar. LoZ is hard as heck! I'll get it. Mario isn't better lol. I'll get them it won't take me long.

I just write down their weight under the previous. Im really bad at math and charts are hard as hell! As a kid, I didn't understand it. I wasn't into math so I was uninterested how to make charts work. Im ok with writing down dates and their weight.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I hope you feel better soon -- sore throats are the worst. :(

My tonsils are long gone -- they were shot by the time I was 5 years old -- too many colds when I was a little kid.

I didn't know what guitar tabs are (googled it, so now I know) so we're even. Some of the beginner books I had were even better -- the chord diagrams had a little grid of the frets and strings, and little dots where your fingers were supposed to go. ReeEEally easy, like "Guitar for Dummies." :wink:

I go back even further with video games (Atari 2600). Tom must be older than you and younger than me. A few of my old games played some pretty little tunes, but I don't remember if I ever tried to pick any of them out on the guitar. If I did, I probably used the keyboard. Trying to play a melody by ear is easier for me on a piano keyboard than either a guitar or a flute.

I'm somewhat mathematically challenged myself -- I understand some of the concepts, but when it comes to doing calculations, I tend to make too many mistakes -- need a calculator or a computer for that. My husband, on the other hand, is almost a genius when it comes to math and logic, although he disagrees with me when I tell him so. He's just too humble. :wink:

An amazing thing has been happening at our house -- for the last several days, Puff has actually been going "downstairs" in his tank, walking over to his salad, and Actually Eating Some All By Himself. :shock: :eek: :D I'm sooo jazzed! :blob5: :blob8: He must be tuning in to spring. "Daddy" is planning to stop at the grocery store on the way home from work tonight, so I hope he can find us some more fairly decent greens.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Broly eats a lot of salad. He ate the last three crix in the keeper. I fished more out of the tub we keep them in. He's maxed out his 50 a week. I feed bugs twice weekly with a treat like butterworms one time a week. He gets 4 at least. Nobody is getting fat with 4 butters a week. Jamie is 4 yrs so she takes bugs a couple times a week too. Kane is 1 yr so he gets them more often since he won't stop growing till he's 2 yrs which is July. He gets 1 bug meal per day right now. Some people feed bugs every day or every other day or twice a week (adult dragons obviously). I do twice a week and treat bugs once. I don't give every treat bug I choose the treat and that's it.

Yeah, guitar tabs are hard for some people and they need teachers. I don't. I had orchestra in 6th grade and was pretty good with the violin. I moved on since. Crazy. My teacher didn't like me because once as a joke...an insensitive joke said I didn't like him. See now I look back on that and remember it was wrong. I am autistic and I say things sometimes that's wrong or mean. I didn't understand at age 12 that was terrible and was told off by the other kids in my class. The others liked him. I honestly don't know why I thought it was funny to say that. I hurt his feelings and in turn decided to not like me back. When we had open house at school he said good things about me to my parents. He then told them what I said. My dad being the tough guy told me to apologize and I did. Seriously I didn't get it.

Im feeling lots better. No more puss just the coughing, sneezing and runny nose sucks. Chills and stomach have subsided. My voice is still gone kinda. It's coming back slowly.

Great about Puff. I was wondering if he'd do it as a 5 yr old he should eat salad.

There's a wind storm right now and I wasn't prepared as the dragons weren't sleeping or lying down. I had no indication that we were having a high wind warning. Im charging my stuff and hopes it stays on till my phone my DS are done. Yeah I play Pokémon. LOL. I got some Mario DS games too.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom