ADV/ Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He actually was up from that was up from that for a while probably from his couple of meals a little while back but his poop brought it back down

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know right! What do you make of him not drinking? He's gotta be thirsty right? His urate was quite hard when he pooped, I'm guessing it me be part of why there was a bit of pink, maybe it hurt coming out :(

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I haven't for a little while now. Didn't want to spoil him and then he won't eat roaches

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If he's lost 13 grams that's not a problem at all. They can lose more that that with a large poo. He's prob. just being a bit fussy and also just taking his time getting his appetite back. It usually takes them a little while actually, not all or even not a majority are voracious at first.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Actually, I've been meaning to post. HE'S BEEN SOOO ACTIVE! It's great! It was so cute today, I came home for lunch, and I know he's not been eating, so before I got coppers roaches ready, I just went to peek and say hi to RJ real quick. He was in the corner. He saw me see him, and when I was done feeding copper, RJ was out and at the glass of his enclosure. As if to say hi :) But the reason for "wanting to post" is that I don't get why he's still not eating. All week, no roaches. Especially with how active he's been. He has been taking water several times though. Very happy about that! I gave him about 6 butter worms yesterday to get some calciumin in him, He scarfed those. So just being picky? I plan to weigh him and give him some horn worms tomorrow. Hope there's not too much a difference from last weigh.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear ! And yes he's being picky and holding out for worms, but it's fine that he could get some calcium in him. :) After a little while just hold off + only offer roaches + greens.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well he's not eating greens either. Just gave him some water, he took some water but that's it. He wouldn't take roaches, or a horn worm. He only took 2 butter worms, wouldn't take a third. Again he's running ALL over his enclosure, and up against the glass. If I take him out (like in another room) he seems fine. But if he's out near his enclosure, he tries to jump back in. AND HE'S 573 NOW :( maybe in wrong but I feel like his behavior is strange.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This is normal behaviour in the springtime. Young breeding size dragons have the instinct to find a mate and that is what they are more interested in than eating. It's very common + normal.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Does the fact that I'm almost certain he had a sperm plug (ummm maybe a couple weeks ago?) recently reinforce the idea that he may be looking to mate?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh, and he's currently obsessed with jumping, even towards places with nothing to land on. Like walls of his enclose. Oh RJ :) I wish I could send a video :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yesssssss.....many leaping lizards in the spring driving owners crazy ! Jumping, flinging, trampling are all olympic events for our little monsters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom