Smelly Liquid Squeezed Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AHBD":1bwkhskh said:
I would never use something like that. It's not natural and potentially dangerous. Use regular olive oil and the baby food + canned pumpkin. How's Coco doing by the way ?

I agree .... get a 1ml disposable syringe and give 0.4ml olive oil every other day (takes up to 48 hrs or stuff to go from mouth to bum in bearded dragons) and have a vet do xrays and ultrasounds to determine exactly what's going on and the extent/nature of the problem/blockage.

misaelc01

Original Poster
It’s been a while since I updated you. So Coco ended up being a guy ?. He wouldn’t poop and after examination the ER told us that he need immediate medical attention or he would die. (Btw they said that the prunes were a good idea but the pumpkin might have killed him) Another option was to give him up to the hospital so they do all they can do and give him to a new family. Of course I was hesitant. My mom went to a clinic the next day (I didn’t know until after) and they did an enema. I came home to a sick looking black bearded lizard. His beard was dark and so was his tail. He still had his spunk so I wasn’t too worried. I had to give him medicine and food every day. He is very hesitant to force feeding btw. He kept leaking from his butt area and they’ve said it would be normal for a day or two. On February 8th I took him out for medicine and of course he didn’t like it. I put him on my desk on a heating pad. I gave him the food and he spit it out and tried to attack my sister. He kinda lunged at her and she moved out of the way. He fell from the desk (about 3 feet)onto some pillows. I wasn’t so mad at my sister and I rushed him to his cage to warm up. He crawled out of the heat and laid on his log. I looked back like 5 minutes later and his face was buried in the dirt. I ran to get him out and onto the heating pad. He glanced at me and died. The doctors told me if he was still spunky and perky he would be fine but he was both just a few minutes before.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
w, I'm so, so sorry. :( You were trying so hard to save Coco. All my hearfelt sympathy to you.

I have seen this scenario before, a dead lizard after vets give an enema. The reason Coco died is because they gave an aggressive treatment that has killed other dragons, some vets just do not know how to do an enema ad it's always very risky. And I doubt they were correct on the gender either. Poor Coco, but at least she's not suffering anymore. I'm sorry that you + your family had to go through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom