Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
So, as I've mentioned in Other of my recent post, there is a reptile expo next weekend. I realized I can only go on the second day due to an event that had been arranged and I'd forgotten about. My questions are, if there are no more northern blue tongues, should I just get a merauke or an Irian jaya(assuming it's in good condition)? And, my second question is, I've noticed that over the years prices have gone up. Phil goss' care guides stated that northern blue tongues range from $150-$250. I compared prices offered by breeders and underground reptiles that a northern blue tongue now cost $325-$400, will it likely be more next year and do you think it will it be incredibly higher or minimally but noticeably at the same time? Is it worth it to get one next year at an age expo or do you think I should go with an online breeder(my only worry is temperature here is usually in the 90-100 range)?

illuminis

Hatchling Member
I will be in the same spot as you soon. I was told that yes, you can get BTS at an expo but to be very very careful. Make sure that it is CBB (captive bred and born) not CB ( captive born) because what you save in purchase usually you spend on vet costs. Most CB tend to have parasites from their wild-caught mother.
I'm not sure how true this is or if I was being secretly directed to certain breeders.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Original Poster
illuminis":1zecr56c said:
I will be in the same spot as you soon. I was told that yes, you can get BTS at an expo but to be very very careful. Make sure that it is CBB (captive bred and born) not CB ( captive born) because what you save in purchase usually you spend on vet costs. Most CB tend to have parasites from their wild-caught mother.
I'm not sure how true this is or if I was being secretly directed to certain breeders.

Yeah, but I've decided to be better safe than sorry so I'm going to make sure to carefully inspect, as many questions, and only go with a northern or merauke bts. Both are known for good temperament but if i see a northern, that's what I'm definitely getting since you don't have to worry about misting or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom