Beardie wont eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barmar

Original Poster
It is actually butted right up to it. Out a different 150 basking bulb in and also am leaving the reptisun 10.0 compact uvb on on the front side of basking.
96696-4584896597.jpg

Barmar

Original Poster
Well he is more active, but still doesnt eat. He is pacing back and forth by the front of the enclosure , and scratching at the glass, like he is trying to get out or at his reflection.

Barmar

Original Poster
I took Godzilla to the vet a week ago and they examined him and said he is healthy and fine. No signs of mbd. Gave him some wormer and a 2nd dose taken home to be given later this week. Also gave me some critical care type food and syringes to feed him with. Problem is he still wont eat and hasnt pooped in weeks. The vet said no signs of impaction. I am at a loss. He is active if i take him out and give him a bath. When back in his enclosure all he does os go into his hide and sleep. Lighting is all new, heat zones are good. I have mo clue what to do.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to hear that he's still having issues. Is that heat bulb a 150 over his basking site ? And the red bulb is on the other end, what wattage is that ?

Barmar

Original Poster
150 basking and 75 i thunk on the red. The red is only on to add heat to that side of the tank. 100ish under basking and 80 on the red bulb side and a bit cooler in the middle.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What is the temp. in the room that he's in ? And how are you measuring the temps. in the tank ? Just trying to rule out to much heat as a cause of him hiding.

Barmar

Original Poster
House temp is 68 all the time, temps measured with the better tank thermometers. I will get a digital thermometer tomorrow to more accurately measure temp.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm pretty sure that it's going to be too hot there. Can you get a 100 watt basking bulb in place of the 150 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom