ADV/ Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well the reason I've been so concerned is cuz I've been doing those things, here and there. Like a couple drops of oil and a bath one day. Or a little bit of pumpkin and a bath another day, etc...
But I thought if I give him maybe a coupe drops of olive oil on a worm with some baby food prunes in the AM, then several baths throughout the day, just maybe, he'll actually poop

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey bud, got an off topic question.
I know "clicking noises" and mucus in the mouth are signs of URI, none of that is going on. But what I have heard several times, is RJ breathing through his nose. Kind of like when we blow our nose. But not a long one, just like a short "blow" or exhale. Whatever you'd call it. For the life of me I can't figure out how to write the sound of the noise. I'm guessing it's nothing, just normal breathing, but just wanted to be sure. I would be pretty outraged if he ever got a URI as his humidity is never high, and his enclosure is always clean

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey, remember I asked about giving a couple drops of oil? Even though I've given him a little a couple times since he's not pooped it's ok right? Just wanted to make sure I don't give him TOO MUCH. I don't really know what would be considered too much.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did, about 8 roaches yesterday. And 5 or 6 a couple days before that. Tried a couple baths yesterday but he really didn't want to be in

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They seem clear. And it's been quite a while since he shed too. But you think a noise like that isn't something that's associated with URI anyway huh?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD, I forgot to mention, there was some pink color in the urate when RJ pooped, you think it could be cuz it had been a while since he popped?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I'm sorry I missed the big news and I rejoice with you ! I didn't get any notifications so I never saw this until I just checked now. How's he doing ? A bit of pink is nothing to worry about BTW.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, the pink urate isn't a big deal if it isn't frequent. I just read your post in the memorial section too. No doubt Rex is enjoying unlimited sunshine and yummies with all of the other dragons who have left us. My Coop and Dundee are taking good care of her.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Coop :( / :)
He's ok. He was out a fair amount for a few days, thought he was close to done, but now he's been sleeping more again. Weight at 596. Good I think, since he pooped, I'll check again this weekend. I tried like crazy to get him to drink while he was out more. HE IS SOOOOOOO IMPOSSIBLE!!! Sometimes I've added a bit of honey to a water bottle and filled a syringe from there, but he doesn't always necessarily drink it just cuz it's honey water. Also can you give too much honey? I'm sure I don't. I always air on the side of caution, but just curious. Thanks guys, all your support just means the world to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom