My poor baby may be scared of me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRkorey

So my baby has been home for about 3 weeks this Saturday. The first couple days he was home. I stuck my hand in the cage and he walked right on it. He hung out then sprinted up my arm and just jumped. He was completely ok thank god! But ever since that incident he seems to run away when I try and push up on his belly to get him on my finger/hand. I refuse to just grab him and chase him around. He will eat out of my hand and let me pet his head and back. But picking up he doesnt seem to wanna do. I’m wondering if it’s from that incident that he doesn’t trust to go on my hand. Will that behavior change? I try and spend time with my hand in there with cleaning and petting hopefully he starts to enjoy being picked up. He is still young and only home for 3 weeks now so I know that has something to do with it

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
From what I've seen, they don't tend hold a grudge for very long. It could be a number of things causing timid behavior including shedding. Most likely though you are still seen as much bigger and potentially harmful so continue to be patient. Keep hand feeding and being near the enclosure to help build trust which can take some time. Don't be too forceful with handling if he's acting skittish. I think he'll come around after a while. They're all a bit different though so it's best to try and observe their social cues and go from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom