UVB Light Fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a bearded dragon in February so I am trying to get everything I need and set up with a few temp tests before I get it! I have been reading ALOT about proper UVB lighting and I am interested in mounting it inside the tank (tank is 36 L x 18 x18). I have been trying to find a fixture on amazon, walmart, home depot but i can't seem to find one that isnt covered or something. I need help finding one or finding a good solution!

ryknoll3

Get this one from Amazon. Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AKKUBDQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516735735&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=sunblaster+t5&dpPl=1&dpID=41fM5G39b6L&ref=plSrch

You will also need a Reptisun t5HO 10.0 22" UVB bulb, which you can also get from Amazon, though their pricing on these has been stupid high lately. I bought a couple from Dr. Foster Smith.

Or you can get the Arcadia setup from lightyourreptiles.com which comes with the bulb.

http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have the same tank and use the fixture from LightYourReptiles linked in the previous post. It is excellent in terms of output and longevity. It comes with clips you can use to hang it inside from a wire, or you can place it on top of the tank if you bring the basking spot to within 10-12'' of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom