Won’t eat greens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, how do ya’ll get Your beardies to eat their salad? I have tried everything and she doesn’t even look at it! I offer endive, arugula, carrots (grated), beets tops, cucumber, book choy, some iceberg & romaine(yes I know there is not nutritional value but I thought I would try) I can’t offer collard greens, or mustard greens as I can’t find them where I live this time of year. (Is there something else you can suggest) I have also offered some fruit to sweeten it up a bit and nothing. She roughly 4 months old and has proper lights and temps.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Might add turnip greens, dandelion greens, kale, and/or butternut squash to the mix. As for the refusal of eating greens, add a bug or two into the salad and, if that doesn't work, only give salad. She'll eat the salad before she "starves". However, if it is a rapidly growing beardy, it's fine if the beardy doesn't eat salad, in that case, it would be a bonus.

AndreasFarm

Original Poster
I can’t get turnip or dandelion greens either and I heard kale isn’t good for them. I’ll try the bugs in salad, she doesn’t seem to be rapid growing dragon, her actual bug intake is virtually one day she’ll eat 10 crickets and a couple horn worms and a few wax worms and then day 2 she’ll eat 3 crickets and dozen butter worms and then day 3 it’ll be 18 crickets and nothing else, there is no consistency with her, it’s a little annoying actually lol

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Ah. Also, kale is good for them, just not as much as collard greens for example. There's a thread on here by AHBD that explains that kale binding calcium is blown way out of proportion and can be a part of a bearded dragon's salad, assuming one includes other veggies along with it. The only real worry is spinach. i personally have given kale for a while along with other veggies. As for pickiness, my beardy has eaten all the kinds of protein and veggies I've offered except for bok choy. I feel bad for you since you have to deal with pickiness like that, hope it lessens with age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom