ADV/ Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, pretty much every year one of them does this type of behavior. None have ever had any problem whatsoever.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh...my...goodness, stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill no poop :(
But I did give him a couple nice long warm baths with tummy rubs this past weekend and it didn't feel like there are any bumps/ impaction. He came out today for a bit and I started giving him some water. He licked several drops and then snubbed me and went back to his corner :)

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's doing a GREAT job! But I still haven't given him solid food since those two days. (Dec 8th and 9th) But o swear, he comes out every 3-4 days and looks at me with "sad beardie eyes" that say, "roaches daddy? Horn worm? Wax worm?" Oh wait there was a day or two I gave him a horn worn, just because I've heard it's suppose to have a lot of water, and to get some calcium in him.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If he comes out + looks active every few days then you can give him some food. A hornworm or two would be great. He'll probably become more active pretty soon.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I haven't been giving him food because you suggested not to until he poops. (I was kind of thinking some more food might help push things trough, but...) So you think it'd be ok?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm sorry, so your saying it'd be ok to feed him even though he hasn't pooped yet? I gave him 1 horn worn and 1 butter worm so I could dip them in some olive oil. But then he kept watching my hand and had his sad hungry face on so I gave him 1 more butter worm with some calcium. Im just worried to give him too much since he hasn't pooped yet

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, today he popped out a little, so I took him out for a few mins. When I put him back he kinda stayed out. Didn't go to sleep but was kinda laying in a different spot (than usual) awake. I took him out again a bit later for maybe a half hour. Then he was out sitting up and stuff for a bit, then went back to his corner to sleep at about 2:00 pm

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I thought so, I'm sure thee will be an immediate update + detailed report when his G.I tract kicks in to gear and commences operations. :) He'll be O.K.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I totally just "LOL'd" Yes there would certainly be a report.
Should I take a day and really "put it to him?" Couple drops of oil on a worm, some pumpkin, prunes, several baths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom