Titus123

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titus123

Hi everyone just wondering if I can move my beardie back to his 40gallon long from the new one I built him I think he may be to young for it right now he's fine but I made it more for him as adult he's 11 weeks old just don't know if I'll stress him out to much this would make it his third move from his 40 to his new viv back to 40 should I do this or not thanks everyone please help just want to be best parent I can be!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he is active/alert and eating well I'd let him be. Some of them get stressed by big spaces but if you don't see signs of that (hiding, lethargic or aggressive behavior, lack of appetite etc) then he is probably content and I'd let him enjoy the space. It's a wonderful home for him.

Titus123

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1a8j6cla said:
If he is active/alert and eating well I'd let him be. Some of them get stressed by big spaces but if you don't see signs of that (hiding, lethargic or aggressive behavior, lack of appetite etc) then he is probably content and I'd let him enjoy the space. It's a wonderful home for him.
OK thank u he is eating well not sluggish very good no health sighs happy I will leave him there one other question I want to clean his cage but all my stuff is not removable the big stuff anyway and most the record can I just spray it down with vinegar to clean it?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah vinegar works well to spot clean and get solid bits up. Then I usually sanitize by spraying some F10 or spraying the area with a steam cleaner.

Titus123

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3u4dyf0h said:
Yeah vinegar works well to spot clean and get solid bits up. Then I usually sanitize by spraying some F10 or spraying the area with a steam cleaner.
Can I spray it on every thing and then leave it for 30 min and what's F10 lol just learning bits and pieces of certain things sorry

Titus123

Original Poster
Another question sometime not often Titus when bathing him breaths heavy and turns bright orange is this normal once back in cage he's fine

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like he might be relaxing. The bright orange colors usually mean they are content/happy from what I've seen.

Titus123

Original Poster
I have to clean my viv today and I built him a beautiful back up viv for this reason will he be OK in there for a few hours he won't be to stressed will he?

Titus123

Original Poster
He was really good gave him some crickets he just hunted around then basked rest of time no stress lines even turned nice orange whole time!

Titus123

Original Poster
Just got back to feed my beardi and for first time he just stared at the crickets when he usually goes ham on them and did not move even when I put them right in front of him he seemed off but not sick just no interest then he finally after 5 min ate them he's alert healthy colours just never seen him do that he's a sub adult 14 inches do u have any ideas why!!!! Scared me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom