Gecko Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
While i understand the care of a gargoyle gecko, I don't completely understand that of a Leo. I know everything about the leopard gecko except for how long one is supposed to have the heat mat on each day. I've heard 24/7. Is that true? Would the UTH be left on for 24 hours or something along the lines of 12 hours?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
HEat mats are best for supplemental heat rather than the only heat source. As long as it is on a thermostat 24hr is ok.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Would it have to be on for 24 hours or would it only need to be on for like 12 hours a day like bearded dragons with their lamp cycle? Also, I though under tank heaters hooked up to thermostats were the best. I reckon bright bulbs and colored bulbs aren't the best so that would only leave a CHE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom