Nose plugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinasol

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the stuff in my beardies nose are plugs or if I should be worried. I'm a new beardie owner (had her for about a month) and I just want to take care of her. I gave her a bath and I noticed afterwards that she was kinda stretching her beard and some air sliightly popped out if the side of her mouth. That's when I saw that her nostrils were "missing". I did get the breathing on film if anyone's interested, but not the air escaping the side of her mouth. I read about nose plugs on this forum and she is shedding on her tail, right hind leg and some on her face, but I just wanna be 100% sure.
Pics: http://imgur.com/a/FILsp

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep, just a nose shed. Nothing to be too concerned about. They should loosen and fall out on their own in time. Be careful not to pull at them because if they are still attached to skin inside the nose it can cause some pain.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
CooperDragon":2sjdfyts said:
Yep, just a nose shed. Nothing to be too concerned about. They should loosen and fall out on their own in time. Be careful not to pull at them because if they are still attached to skin inside the nose it can cause some pain.
Yes that and i have observed that beardies can shrink and expand the little bit in the nose as well. Many lizards can do this because, in the wild they brumate in areas that they need to protect their nostrils from debri and bugs. i just let his come out when its shed and sometimes gently moisten the area with a warm damp paper towl or cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom