Bearded dragon Diarrhea for a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragon, Lil Hercules, has been having diarrhea for the past couple weeks. She use to poop every 3-5 days and now it' every 7-10 days, and when she does it's just this big liquid puddle with red urine.
I've never changed her diet or anything else. I would take her to get a check up for parasites but it's $80 just to talk to the vet here bloody scammers. Somehow I never actually took notice of it, I guess I was just to busy trying to get rid of it until today I went wait a minute this isn't how she normally poops. What can I do?

Since I have no idea how to upload photos and I haven't taken one, here is a link to the exact same thing the only difference is the urine isn't a tad bit red.
https://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S1557506308001237-gr5.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
What is the diet ? give details.

How old is she ?

How heavy is she ?

A big puddle is usually an indication of very poor vegs or a responds to excessive hydration .

No harm in getting a fecal done , the red in the urates can be a number of things including due to a secondary bacterial GIT infection resulting from parasitic attacks on the GIT tissues making them bleed , a common cause.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
How old is your dragon? How long have you had him?

What are the 3 temperatures inside his tank, and what type of thermometer do you use to measure them? What UVB light do you have, and is it being obstructed by a mesh lid to the tank? How many hours per day do you leave both his lights on?

And yes, please go over his daily diet and supplement schedule...

If it's not husbandry related (improper lighting, temperatures, diet, etc.) then it probably is some type of parasite or infection of the GI Tract, as indicative by the blood in the urates. The only way to remedy that is by taking a fresh fecal sample to an experienced Reptile Vet, having it tested, and if any parasite or bacteria/protozoa comes back in the moderate to high range then he'll need to be medicated with the proper medication for whatever the parasite or micro be is causing the infection (usually parasites in a low count/load do not cause these issues). So can you post some photos of your dragon and his entire enclosure and set-up, lights, etc. and then list what lights you use (BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE)...if it's a husbandry or diet issue we'll be able to help, if not then you'll need to get a fecal test done ASAP.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
EllenD":3oys109g said:
How old is your dragon? How long have you had him? she is 2 years old

What are the 3 temperatures inside his tank, and what type of thermometer do you use to measure them? What UVB light do you have, and is it being obstructed by a mesh lid to the tank? How many hours per day do you leave both his lights on? The temp is always at 35-40c I just bought a hygrometer, Thermometer on ebay it's very accurate thoug. The light schedule is 7am to 6pm. There is a mesh lid above his uv light but the heat lamp is inside the tank covered with a mesh cage.
I just bought the uvb light on ebay since everywhere else were out of stock and I'm still using the same one dont' know what it's called though

And there is no experienced reptile vet anywhere near here.

And yes, please go over his daily diet and supplement schedule...Bok choy, kale, Celery, Butternut squash, bell peper. I give him supplements 3 days a week

If it's not husbandry related (improper lighting, temperatures, diet, etc.) then it probably is some type of parasite or infection of the GI Tract, as indicative by the blood in the urates. The only way to remedy that is by taking a fresh fecal sample to an experienced Reptile Vet, having it tested, and if any parasite or bacteria/protozoa comes back in the moderate to high range then he'll need to be medicated with the proper medication for whatever the parasite or micro be is causing the infection (usually parasites in a low count/load do not cause these issues). So can you post some photos of your dragon and his entire enclosure and set-up, lights, etc. and then list what lights you use (BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE)...if it's a husbandry or diet issue we'll be able to help, if not then you'll need to get a fecal test done ASAP.
I'm hoping it's not parasites it's probably gonna be though. Don't partially want to go spend another $120 as I said before it's $80 just to talk to vet and they always charge extra here.
also how do I take photos and upload them?

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1qt7re2p said:
What is the diet ? give details.

How old is she ?2 years old

How heavy is she ? Don't have a scale to weigh her but she is fairly heavy

A big puddle is usually an indication of very poor vegs or a responds to excessive hydration . I've done a lot of research on their salads cause I keep thinking I'm getting in wrong which I probably am in a small way. I mostly just buy anything the shop sells that she can eat.
Bok choy, Kale, celery, butternut squash, bell pepper.

No harm in getting a fecal done , the red in the urates can be a number of things including due to a secondary bacterial GIT infection resulting from parasitic attacks on the GIT tissues making them bleed , a common cause.
there is harm to my wallet if I get that done. The vets here are just scammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom