Sealed eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad you're getting everything you need for both of them. Separating them was very wise of you. Glad you have them now. Once the Reptisun 10's are in, they will feel much better. Just keep an eye on his eyes to make sure there is no infection but as the lights are coming in soon, leave the basking light on but turn off the UVB. Won't do him any harm and he'll still have the basking light, so getting heat. Will help his eyes.

Spartan101

Original Poster
Thanks I do plan on working on the tanks to make them more naturalish. If he still has this issue Monday I’m taking him to a vet. He is active, eating, etc

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad to hear that he's eating, etc, that's good news.

Stick to a solid substrate and your dragons will do well.

I'm glad you can get him into the vet on Monday, let me know what the vet says, if you go, k?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great he is doing a little bit better now. I'm happy that you will be taking him in
to see the vet. Maybe they can get some antibiotic eye ointment for him, if needed.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Good deal, it sounds like you're doing an awesome job with them, and I appreciate you taking them in and giving them a loving home. it's amazing how many people get horrible advice about how to take care of bearded dragons from the pet shops they buy them from, and also from breeders! That's most likely what happened to their prior owner, they were told to go ahead and buy 2 dragons and keep them together, use the crappy lights, etc. It happens every single day, and it's just sad.

I agree, just turn off the current UVB light since you have the Reptisuns on their way, this should help their eyes out, and they can go a few days without any UVB, in reality they aren't getting any adequate UVB anyway right now, so just flip them off and keep them off until the new UVb tubes arrive.

Keep us posted, they should be just fine once they get under some good UVB light and get the inadequate UVb out of their eyes.

Spartan101

Original Poster
I do have an update past couple days he has beeen able to open his eyes just fine I do t see that slime anymore either.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news to hear!
I hope he makes a complete recovery for you, bless him.

Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

Spartan101

Original Poster
So it happened again Sunday night I noticed so I cleaned off his eyes but he didn’t have from the next morning so I did the same thing last night and he had no problem opening his eyes this morning. I’m looking for a vet near me that looks at reptiles.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good idea, did you turn the old UVB off while waiting for the new one? Or did the new ones come in already?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad you got the mounting set up, but shut off the UVB you're presently using and leaving the basking bulb on for the proper temps. How long do you think it will take to get the Reptisuns in? The old UVB is bothering his eyes, so that's why I said to turn it off, won't do any harm to not have UVB for a few days.

Spartan101

Original Poster
The ones that came with the light Iv already removed the plastic covering from them. I also got an email from amazon saying the Zillas got pushed back for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom