Is my beardie dead ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keogh101

Ok so my beardie is only 5 months old. We brought him at 8 weeks and he has been an absolute gem! His been eating well up until this morning he wouldn’t eat. He felt very limb and kept pressing his face against the back of the vivarium. I tried to bathe him and he was taking big breathes and acting weird. I went out and came back and he is completely limp and looks dead? He isn’t moving, doesn’t look like his breathing and has his mouth and eyes a tiny bit open? He last pooed an hour ago but it has undigested locusts and mealworms in it (they were dead). It’s happened so unexpectedly? Is he dead? Or is this brumation? As I read online that his too young to go into brumation? His also still very colourful and is only black under his chin and the end of his tale and his isn’t stiff at all?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I'm sorry your baby is having issues. He's to young for burmation. Can you post a picture of him and the setup?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I'm sorry to read that your baby is seemingly in such bad condition. :( Has there been any change ? It does sound like he's possibly just died or is in the dying process. Could he have eaten bugs that were too large + had a very difficult time pooing ?

And it's def. not brumation, even an adult would just sleep peacefully in a corner and not be gaping or blackbearding.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH I am sorry to hear about your boy not doing well. :cry: It doesn't sound good at all.
Have there been any changes? It does take some time for them to become stiff. You are
not able to see him breathe at all?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom