Spikes Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

susan1919

95074-3442928796.jpg
So far the temps are good and Spikes is doing well..Any suggestions? thanks
95074-3200201318.jpg
He does have new food and water dishes on the way..

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
If you do have a long UV tube fixture I didn’t spot then ignore this, but if not: It looks like you’ve got a coil UVB bulb, and if that’s the case you’ll want to ditch it immediately and get a Reptisun 10.0 tube or Arcadia tube. You’ll want it mounted inside the tank as well, as placing any UV light over a screen top means up to 40% of the UV will be filtered out. And since coil UVB bulbs have a much weaker UV strength to start with, he’s not getting adequate UV with that setup. Order a 10.0 Reptisun (or Arcadia) tube and fixture ASAP. In addition to not providing adequate UV light crucial to a beardie’s growth and wellbeing, coil UV bulbs have caused documented vision damage in beardies. Other than that your setup (no loose substrate, hides, etc.) looks good. Because I noticed the stick on thermometer, I just want to mention that his basking and cool side temperatures need to be taken with a digital thermometer (if you don’t have one), as stick on thermometers can be off by 20 degrees. Getting the correct UV bulb should be priority number one, and once you’ve taken care of that Spike can grow into a big healthy beardie. ☺️

susan1919

Original Poster
PodunkKhaleesi":24x8eqmr said:
If you do have a long UV tube fixture I didn’t spot then ignore this, but if not: It looks like you’ve got a coil UVB bulb, and if that’s the case you’ll want to ditch it immediately and get a Reptisun 10.0 tube or Arcadia tube. You’ll want it mounted inside the tank as well, as placing any UV light over a screen top means up to 40% of the UV will be filtered out. And since coil UVB bulbs have a much weaker UV strength to start with, he’s not getting adequate UV with that setup. Order a 10.0 Reptisun (or Arcadia) tube and fixture ASAP. In addition to not providing adequate UV light crucial to a beardie’s growth and wellbeing, coil UV bulbs have caused documented vision damage in beardies. Other than that your setup (no loose substrate, hides, etc.) looks good. Because I noticed the stick on thermometer, I just want to mention that his basking and cool side temperatures need to be taken with a digital thermometer (if you don’t have one), as stick on thermometers can be off by 20 degrees. Getting the correct UV bulb should be priority number one, and once you’ve taken care of that Spike can grow into a big healthy beardie. ☺️
I have the TH50 uvb...Its lying on top in the front..I do have the temp gun..It makes it so much easier..The little gadget on the back wall is to see what the humidity is..The second small light on top is just a smaller watt house bulb i use later in the day at times..Thanks for the compliments..

JDub34

What length is the Exo Terra tank you purchased and what size is the Zoo Med fixture for the T5 bulb?

susan1919

Original Poster
JDub34":3ql2h69m said:
What length is the Exo Terra tank you purchased and what size is the Zoo Med fixture for the T5 bulb?
the enclosure is the 36..18..18..the fixture is the 24 inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom