Stress Marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markley007

I am a new owner of two baby dragons about 13-16 weeks old. I have been doing reading on the forum here and ran across something i would like to understand more.
These stress marks I have read about is something that i notice on my dragons. But only show up when basking in the UVB lamp for a little while. Not only do these show up but also they get darker in color on top of the body. Even my citrus will change color after basking for a while.
I guess my question is that if these marks only show up underneath and they don't change color on top i should be worried? Both of my dragons are very active and eat very well . (citrus will eat over 20 crickets in each sitting plus his salads with fruits and calcium). Both get baths every other day and are in separate cages for now until i can properly introduce the male to the female.

Thank you in advance

OviDear

I'm not sure about the stress marks, but I do know that you shouldn't be bathing them so frequently unless they ran through their feces and got it all over them. The moisture that it gives off can make them uncomfortable.

Markley007

Original Poster
Its usually about 1- 2 days for about 10-15 min till they are done. I do this for hydration though. Some of hydration is absorbed through baths as well as calcium. They drink a decent amount too. Where I live is super dry during both winter and summer. They seem to love it and lay down in it as well. Hopefully its not too much. I was told by a friend who is a breeder in the Northwest that this is usually best for them as well. Thoughts ?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. What are the temps and how do you take them? What kinds of uvb light do you use and basking light? Also unless you are going to breed them it's best not to introduce or house them together. Beardies are territorial and do not enjoy being around each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom