Probiotic question HELP Bene-Bac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Hey Everyone,

Wekll a few weeks ago I posted that Gretchen had Coccidia and everyone on here was amazing with all my questions and freak outs. SOOOO im a bad mom because although someone mentioned giving her probiotics especially since she would be in antibiotics. WELL with everything that was going on with her and still is I FORGOT :( I could cry. She has her last dose tomorrow so I went out after work and bought her Bene-Bac PLUS
93727-2455814099.jpg
. I also got her this
93727-1681156485.jpg
as the pet store reptile girl said that it would probably help administering the probiotic. So came home, made the grub pie which turned into a gel so I mixed in the bene-bac and stuck it in her tank. She licked it and turned away.... a usual (I've tried thee gel type supplements before and she never ate them.....$$$ down the drain lol). So I added a bit of water so it was a bit more liquid and used a syringe. Which kind of worked. She ended up licking up one full one which held 3.0 ml.

My question is suppose to get 0.5 teaspoons of the bene-bac each feeding which she didn't today because he only ate 1 of the 3 syringes I had for her.
Wondering if anyone has any tricks to make sure she gets her doses properly? I will dd that she did taste just the powder from my finger but just a taste and turned away.

Has anyone used Bene-Bac before?
How often should I be giving her this now and then later in life?
I read that thi shouldn't be given to her with food, is this true?
She is eating her crickets and when she wants her salads off that helps any questions.

ALL THE HEL NEEDED PLEASE> because I feel HORRIBLE knowing I forgot this very crucial part....

Thank you
Krista

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't consider it to be critical, especially if her appetite is still OK. She may be feeling fine without it. I'd keep the grub pie on hand as an emergency supplement. The Bene-Bac can be mixed with a baby food she likes. Maybe sweet potato or something like that. Mixing with water is fine too if she wants that instead. Don't worry too much about the exact amount though. Offer some and if she takes it, great, but if not don't be too forceful with it. Do be sure to wash your hands well after handling the Bene-Bac. They use E. Faecium in the mixture which can be harmful to humans in some cases.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2fpc7d16 said:
I wouldn't consider it to be critical, especially if her appetite is still OK. She may be feeling fine without it. I'd keep the grub pie on hand as an emergency supplement. The Bene-Bac can be mixed with a baby food she likes. Maybe sweet potato or something like that. Mixing with water is fine too if she wants that instead. Don't worry too much about the exact amount though. Offer some and if she takes it, great, but if not don't be too forceful with it. Do be sure to wash your hands well after handling the Bene-Bac. They use E. Faecium in the mixture which can be harmful to humans in some cases.

I'm so happy you answered me lol. Thanks CooperDragon. Ahhh sigh of relief ??? I'll try other ways and see what she likes. So I can give it with food. I was thinking dusting her crickets with it. Thoughts??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That might work. Though if she's eating well then she may not need a probiotic. I haven't used the powder before though, just the gel so I'm not speaking from direct experience.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":37vrmh4c said:
That might work. Though if she's eating well then she may not need a probiotic. I haven't used the powder before though, just the gel so I'm not speaking from direct experience.

Yah they didn't have the gel form. She is eating. About 5 to 8 crickets a day and does munch on her veggies sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom