Bearded dragon slash near ear

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie was in with my other beardie they are around the same age of 7 and 9 months when the one which was a little bit bigger bites the other near the ear and it bleed a lot I added some triple antibiotic and washed it out in a bath but I'm not sure whether to take it to a vet
90027-9997201184.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, do they have separate tanks ? If not, you need to set up another one ASAP, really tonight. It will happen again. Can you get a better picture ? It doesn't look bad at all, if you can just keep it clean it should heal. Raw honey [ it must say raw or unpasteurized ] is an excellent wound dressing if you have some. The ointmemt you have will be fine as well.

Just be extra careful that there are NO loose bugs in the tank that will get on the wound now. He should be fine.

Savora

Hatchling Member
Please separate them. This will not get better. Beardies are solitary animals and do not like each other. They only get together to mate, then leave. Not even mothers stick around their babies. If they did, the babies would probably get eaten by her anyways. If you have noticed them "cuddling," you are human-izing a common reptile behavior where one beardie will display dominance and aggression by laying on top of another. Other lizards do this such as leopard geckos.

Anyways, you did well by applying the antibiotic. You could also apply Manuka Honey to the wound (after you have separated them). If the wound gets any worse i would go to the vet.

I hope your beardie gets better! It's so sad when tragedy happens to them. I'm glad this wound wasn't a fatal one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom