Hasn’t had full body shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond1

I just posted a topic like a week ago and I guess since I was a new beardie owner I was overreacting...... but I do still know a lot about beardies and I think that this is strange!!??

Diamond hasn’t had shed in over 4 months and when she did it was only a tiny part of her head!! She probably hasn’t had a full body shed in over 6 months!?!!! I am kinda worried she is not dehydrated and I give her baths frequently!!

joef

Hatchling Member
Beardies don't necessarily have full body sheds like other reptiles do. They shed in patches just like you said happened on her head. As they get older, they don't grow as much so they don't shed as often either so don't be worried if she doesn't shed as much as she use to because shes just not growing as much.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep, they have especially patchy sheds as they get older. Sometimes I even see single scales shed on their own. It's normal and nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom