Beardie doesnt like to hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris101

Heyo
Ive had my little beardie for about a month and a half now and he's awesome. Hes about 3 months old. I was just wondering, he never goes in his hides.
I have one small and one big one and he has gone in either. Sometimes he goes on top of it but thats pretty much it.
Personality thing? Wouldnt be surprised, any replies are awesome thank you

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He probably just feels secure in his tank and doesn't feel the need to hide. I would keep it available for him as an option if he wants it. He may want a dark area to sleep in now and then. Not hiding wouldn't cause a concern if everything else seems OK though.

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
It sounds like he just feels very secure and comfortable in his environment. Usually if a beardie is spending all its time in a cave or hide (and not in brumation) it means that either there’s a temperature issue or he’s stressed. It’s always important to offer a hide so they can have privacy and feel safe when the mood strikes, but some simply don’t feel the need to curl up in their caves. If he’s not a huge fan maybe you can remove the extra hide and replace it with a piece of decor that caters to his social persona (another basking or climbing spot, perhaps). Regardless, it sounds like your new baby feels very comfortable in his new home. ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom