Shaking her head when I sprayed water on her

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon almost a year old (Isis) was eating her food when I decided to spray her with treated water when she shook her head very hard side to side and the continued eating, I waited a bit and tried again because maybe she didn't know what it was but she did the same thing even when I sprayed 3 seconds longer to let her know it's just water and when I stopped again she went back to eating but looked like she was trying to hurry up get the job done and get full to run away kinda look. :?: :?: :?: Do you think she just wanted to eat in peace without just a little water or is the water treated not doing good for her? The treated water thing I use is ** Reptisafe instant terrarium water conditioner** It says safe for lizards and my mom bought because it had to do with our turtle closing his eyes doing normal things like swimming every time we cleaned his tank and shaking his head also with new water in so we bought it and thought our bearded dragons were probably suffering so we used it with them also. We only put one to two drops in their spray container. Thank you lots! :) :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She was probably just annoyed by it so I'd hold off on that. If she's eating well she will probably get enough hydration from fresh food. You might try using a dropper to drip water on her nose instead but if she isn't having that either, I'd just let her be. You don't have to offer treated water. Tap water or filtered (brita/pur, etc) is fine.

iBlueluvsBeardies

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1rqiw39c said:
She was probably just annoyed by it so I'd hold off on that. If she's eating well she will probably get enough hydration from fresh food. You might try using a dropper to drip water on her nose instead but if she isn't having that either, I'd just let her be. You don't have to offer treated water. Tap water or filtered (brita/pur, etc) is fine.

Ok thank you. I thought the treated water was doing something bad to her. Scared me a bit lol. :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably not harmful but I wouldn't offer it anymore. Sounds like the spray was just annoying her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom